Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
Come on guys, don't be so hard on the guy.

It's not like we ALL haven't spilled beef fat on our computers at some point, right??

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK

It's not like we ALL haven't spilled beef fat on our computers at some point, right??

I am ocd about it, no way! I cant even stand the thought of my machine smelling of cooking that I'd ever cook near it, the reason, well it goes like this,

Client: I can smell beef, have you got a beef laptop?

or

Client: your laptops making me feel hungry, sorry cant buy any nice pictures today, gotta run, I need a maccy D

Get the picture?

Besides, I dont eat meat it tastes like ****, but hey two girls one cup!

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I think I figured out why "Beef Fat" sounds so foreign.. you guys over in the UK call hamburger grease, Beef Fat. I think I got it now. :D

ystradgynlais

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
.... LOL...

why would it be me hes the dumbass.. i was on ichat with my friend and he wanted to see his hair cut so i showed him on video then he has like a bowl of like sheapards pie... and it has alot of greese hes like you want some?? your hungry?? *tilts bowl* *tilts bowl* so he can see it BOOM it goes all over my f1-3 keys..

i dont even know why he brought the bowl over.. such a moron

Don't know if this makes a difference but if it was "Sheperd's pie" your friend spilled it would be lamb fat, beef fat would be associated with "cottage pie":rolleyes:

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Don't know if this makes a difference but if it was "Sheperd's pie" your friend spilled it would be lamb fat, beef fat would be associated with "cottage pie":rolleyes:

This is actually true, I was going to say something, but then decided against it. So really what you were trying to say is that your "friend" was eating over your computer and spilled fat from whatever he was eating on it, and now you don't know what to do...

I say just have him pay for whatever damages there may be.

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK
I would spread some old newspaper, turn the laptop upside down, try and find the angle where the fat drips down onto the paper rather than spread further into the laptop when I'm heating the laptops keyboard with my girlfriends hairdryer.................DO NOT get beef fat on the hair dryer A: it could catch fire, not good:( B:your girlfriend will kill you, still not good:(

If it works:)

I would get the laptop looked at, beef fat can be used as flux for soldering or plumbing.

Good luck, use the force Luke:)

I think I figured out why "Beef Fat" sounds so foreign.. you guys over in the UK call hamburger grease, Beef Fat. I think I got it now. :D

Dude, er...........this is the internet, how can anything or anyone be foreign:confused:

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK
In different countries people call things different things...:D

k, if I were in someones territory then I could sound/be/look/taste foreign. but I'm not, I'm in my territory, the internet is no mans land so how can I be foreign?

But maybe I just got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning and needed a good dose of wtf lol:)

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Actually, I think the OP is from your side of the pond :)

zoomungus said:
I am ocd about it, no way! I cant even stand the thought of my machine smelling of cooking that I'd ever cook near it, the reason, well it goes like this,

Client: I can smell beef, have you got a beef laptop?

or

Client: your laptops making me feel hungry, sorry cant buy any nice pictures today, gotta run, I need a maccy D

Get the picture?
Dude, I'm pretty sure pprior was joking :p

LedCop

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008

Yeah, I guess that's why Apple installed beef fat sensors in its laptops.

So the OP's laptop warranty is screwed as he has probably tripped the ones in his MacBook Pro.

;):D:p:apple:

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK
k.....so you have a beef laptop. So maybe get some matching beefy stuff?

Beef sofa?
Beef Tv?
Beef ipod?
Beef curtains?
Beef headphones??
Beef Helmet?
Beef googles?

Just a thought:)

misterine

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
WOOT I got everything fixed for free..

replaced my airport..
the whole aluminum body..
the keys..
and erased my hard drive ._.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
While we are on the subject of beef. Does anyone know where I can get an alternator sized hunk of beef?

I laughed the whole time reading this thread. But I have to ask, how the hell did this happen? The only thing I could imagine is that you were eating a plate of Roast Beef or steak and you picked up the plate for some reason and spilled it on your MB... I mean do people actually walk around with cups of piping hot beef fat? It could only be hot, because if it were cold, it would be orange and mushy... ew

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK
WOOT I got everything fixed for free..

replaced my airport..
the whole aluminum body..
the keys..
and erased my hard drive ._.

I bet they followed this thread lol and were waiting for your beef laden machine to arrive..........

So what did you say? did you tell them the whole beef fat story?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.