fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
This commanded worked perfectly the first week 4S was out.. I can say restart, and the phone will restart itself. Now Siri keeps telling me she doesn't know what I mean by Restart. :confused: Anyone else noticed this?

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Apple probably decided it wasn't a good choice after all. They can add or remove things from Siri anytime they want to and for whatever reason.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Nice. I didn't know Siri would do this, but I just tried it and it worked. It's almost more like a respring than a restart (those of you that have been jailbroken in the past will understand what I mean by that). This is very useful!

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
San Diego, CA
Pretty neat. It resprings instead of rebooting. Works from lockscreen. Nice find. Not sure why it's useful but nice that it's there.

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
I just told siri to put the phone on vibrate mode and the mute switch just moved by itself! Haha

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Pretty neat. It resprings instead of rebooting. Works from lockscreen. Nice find. Not sure why it's useful but nice that it's there.

I wanted a fast way to completely quit all the application rather than running in the background.

Actually mine is asking "what's next". That's weird it only works for some people. :confused:

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Mine restarts the os to the lock screen - doesn't restart the hardware.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Wow it just worked for me.. but only once. And it goes back to "what's next"

It just restarts your phone with less effort (if it works). :D

iphonenub

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2009
I'm sorry for doubting you all. As long as there is a reason to restart (low memory) the phone will respring. Again, I was wrong and I am sorry. Thanks for the awesome tip though! So much easier than killing the last few apps before I go to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.