iPhone 11 Pro Restore from iCloud taking FOREVER!

eboychik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
NJ USA
It starts out by saying two hours, ans then, over the course of a few hours, gets longer and longer until it's one day +. Started over. Anyone else?

mpshah27

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Mine started with not showing estimated time but then went from 2 hours to 12 hours. But eventually it took around 35 minutes.

Reactions: Tammster

morecowbell

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Same issue here...I've been on the apple screen for over an hour. I tried the migration tool and got an error so had too revert to iCloud

eboychik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
NJ USA
Can't do the direct transfer because I turned my 10 X Max at Apple when I got my new 11 Max Pro.

Trocien

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
I did iPhone upgrade program so they had my old phone wiped before they gave me my new one. UGH.

Mine doesnt even give me a time. Just the apple logo with a bar that is full but not progressing forward.

MorganB

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Mine went fairly quickly. Was going from 10 max to 11 pro max. I picked restore from iCloud which took about 20 minutes from the time I made the selection. The screen showed around 1 hour for direct phone to phone transfer or 15 minutes before I could use the phone for iCloud with everything downloading slowly for the rest of the day. The entire process from turning on the phone, activation, Apple Pay activation, watch activation and the initial iCloud download took about 35 minutes. AT&T purchased through Apple.

gswilder

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
I did direct transfer. Originally said 5 hours, but looks like its going to take about an hour.

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
Mine has been sitting here on the Apple Logo and loading bar for a couple hours now. It's appears to be very very close to the end of the bar. It's not changing, and it's not getting hot either.

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
Mine has been sitting here on the Apple Logo and loading bar for a couple hours now. It's appears to be very very close to the end of the bar. It's not changing, and it's not getting hot either.
I'm experiencing this with the iPhone to iPhone transfer. Old phone said "complete", new phone said "12 minutes left" then rebooted itself. The progress bar has slowly filled up and I'm not sure if I should reboot it and go with an iCloud restore or just be patient...

ShinyApps

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2016
East Coast
I'm on 11 Pro.... Having the same issue just sitting at the same spot saying an hour forever and out of nowhere it just started to speed up again going back down to 40min...then 35...33...32..30...28 and the bar progressed a little bit. This is as of 2:05 PST.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Attempting to restore backup from iTunes and it's stuck on the apple logo with an almost full progress bar. iTunes status shows "Waiting for changes to be applied".

...so when is 13.1 coming out again?

jokerz126

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
why not skip restoring?...set up as new...lots of junk builds up over time from apps, etc....ios updates..

Reactions: Roy G Biv