Restore Needed. Iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from Itunes.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chocolateispink, Feb 26, 2010.

1. chocolateispink macrumors newbie

Apple exchanged a new phone for me because of a water damage (I paid extra for it). The next day, my phone cannot find any network. I tried resetting the phone, restoring..everything. It worked for like 1 hour, and then this message "Restore Needed. Iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from Itunes." pops up again. I bought it to Apple Gen. Bar, the guy said its probably because of my sim card that got the water damaged. I went back home and found a brand new 3G sim card that I forgot to insert when I got my phone a while ago . Used the new sim card, and few hours later..still getting that message!!!! I tried restore, reset..everything! My iphone was able to find my network, but it go back to "searching" or "no network" after a while. Went to Apple store again, told them that I changed a new sim card. The girl said she would restore the phone for me. After restoring the phone, it worked fine, obviously she send me home because she said there's nothing wrong with my phone. Today when I wake up, I saw the same message on my phone again. Tried the hard reset (home button + power), it asks me to connect to itune (or else I can only make emergency calls). Restart my phone (just the power reset), it was fine again, with network and everything. But this time, when I click into my download application, it pops back to the main menu. I deleted all the downloaded application and re-download them again, they worked fine.

So, I'm guessing that I will most likely get the "Restore Needed. Iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from Itunes." message again. And because it works after I do a hard reset/ restore, there's nothing Apple Gen. Bar can do anything about it right? What can I do? I don't want to restart my phone 10 million times a day or restore it twice a day! Please help!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Take a screen shot of the error. Take your iPhone to the Genius Bar and show them the error in progress. (The screenshot is in case you can't replicate the error)

If you paid $199, then your warranty is back working for 90 days or whatever time is left on the device (whichever is longer). Take your device back. Simple.

3. chocolateispink thread starter macrumors newbie

Did that already but the women said "it's working now and fine, doesn't seem to need me to give you a new phone!"

guess I need to go to another store

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Like I said, screen shot. Also, try a different store, some Genius' are pricks at times.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Besides, if you take it back and it's doing it again, she can't keep restoring it and saying it is fixed. That dog won't hunt for too long.

6. chocolateispink thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks! While waiting for that message pop up again I'm going to try downgrading to the 3.0version