Restore Problem...please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Appler, May 17, 2009.

1. Appler macrumors member

Hi,
    Because my iphone 3G fell in the toilet, i have went back to using my old iphone (firmware 1.1.1). I was uninstalling a few 'installer' apps, and suddenly it stopped working. It would just loop the apple logo over and over again.
    So, using my limited knowledge in jailbreaking/unlocking I started the process, only to have the iphone undetected by itunes. (I downloaded firmware 2.2.1 from itunes).
    So now im stuck at the "No Sim card installed" stage, with the slide for emergency call. According to pwnagetool and ziphone, the phone is in DFU mode but i cannot restore using the custom built pwnagetool ipsw.
    I did manually restore the iphone, but it always takes me back to that step (emergency call slider) and the iphone remains undetected in itunes.
    It is now connected to my computer via a hub (yes, i know about the problem that sometimes occurs when trying to do that on a mac). And it remains undetected. What can i do?
    Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Hold on, I got lost in all that. First of all, your first mistake was doing something without any knowledge of what you were doing.

Second, using ZiPhone is a great and terrible mistake. Big no-no on that one.

To solve this debacle, its easier to Restore normally thru iTunes. Then when your iPhone displays slide for emergency, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button (In other words, the DFU process). Don't touch it once you reach this point! Once you achieve this, use Pwnage to create a custom .ipsw (activate it, unlock it, and jailbreak it) and use iTunes to upload that .ipsw to the iPhone. iTunes will do it all and boom, working iPhone.