Restored my iphone but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I restored my iphone because it was jailbroken and I didnt want it jailbroken anymore. After I removed everything I tried to reinstall contacts, apps, songs but I get a pop up saying my device was timed out. How do I restore everything?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since you don't want to be jailbroken, I assume you want any part of the JB to not be there. So restore as new and then sync everything over. If that doesn't work, do a DFU restore.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, when I jailbroke for all of two days and wanted to unjailbreak it took me about three tries to realize I couldn't restore from a backup, haha.

4. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

Yeah I did a DFU restore the first time. I am doing another DFU restore and I'll post how it goes.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just make sure to click on restore as new. You probably picked backup before.

6. Medium Skil macrumors newbie

Did you set up your iPhone as new? If you didn't try Restoring and doing that. Else, all the previous settings (inlcuding jailbroken settings) sync back and cause conflict.

7. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

Damn I lost all my contacts!!! Is there a way to get them back? (is there a way to go back to a farther time I synced my phone?)

I also dont have apps. I paid for. When I click on it, it ask me am I sure I wanna purchase this item? How do I get it back?

8. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

It will ask you if you want to purchase, but if you already did, it will let you download it for free.

9. Medium Skil macrumors newbie

Your contacts are stored in your computer as both back-up and contacts (in Mac in Address Book where as PC as a VCard file). Also, your apps are stored with in the iTunes Library folder both in Mac and PC.

All you have to do is check Contacts and Apps when you sync.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You shouldn't have lost your contacts. What did you sync them with before?

@MS: It's Outlook or Windows Address Book for a PC. Outlook is better.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Very true. So don't worry, your contacts are there. Somewhere, but they are in your computer.

I'm sure he just set up as new and is freaking out. I know I would. In any case. OP, check "sync contacts" and you should be fine.

12. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

ok i got all the apps. back but I still cant get my contacts back. Some of them are important. Is there anything I can do to get them back?

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Were they saved on your sim card? Or perhaps you can extract them with a program like Backup Extractor? *I don't know the limitations of programs like that*

14. Medium Skil macrumors newbie

Go to the Information Tab, look for the Contacts section, click the checkbox to have it enabled. Then choose the service you used before to have your contacts synced. (Google, MobileMe, Address Book, Outlook, etc)

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What did you use to sync your contacts? Address Book? Outlook?