Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Bethesda Row, MD not on display and say don't even have any in the back to sell.

Yet, they said they would be on the floor tomorrow for sure.

Which I take to mean they have them in the back, or will have by the later UPS shipment.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
just picked up a 13" base model at the Orland Square Mall in Orland Park. IL.

They guy said they had "A bunch"

bolsen78

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Just Curious

I was wondering if you guys know if the Apple Stores that do not have any of the new MBAs would they still be selling the old ones prior to the new ones? Would they be cheaper now than before or would they not have them at all? I may sound dumb but hey I really do not care just curious is all.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
Just got off the phone with the Apple Store in Penn Square Mall in OKC and learned that while they did receive their first shipment of the new MBAs today, they received only 2Gb models.

gostan

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
West of Boston
Natick, MA

Natick Collection Store has the stock 11 and 13 inch models on display and in stock. They cannot take them out of the crate fast enough.

By the way, Apple Store salesperson (who I know is knowledgeable from previous conversations) insists that the stock 2GB Ram is upgradeable in store starting within a week or so. He states that only the initial 2GB is soldered and that there is a slot for additional 2GB Ram wafer.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I was wondering if you guys know if the Apple Stores that do not have any of the new MBAs would they still be selling the old ones prior to the new ones? Would they be cheaper now than before or would they not have them at all? I may sound dumb but hey I really do not care just curious is all.

Best to check the online Apple 'clearance' or 'refurbished' section. As far as i'm aware, they don't sell the older ones in-store.

bolsen78

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Best to check the online Apple 'clearance' or 'refurbished' section. As far as i'm aware, they don't sell the older ones in-store.

Thanks for the tip I will have to look that up. I did look on ebay and it doesnt seem like those prices had dropped yet.

bolsen78

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Check the refurb store after midnight, they update the online stores every day. Might get lucky ;)

HA I hope so thanks again for being so helpful!! If they are not that much cheaper than a stock 11.6 then I think I will have to wait for my store to have them and get one. I just want to see one in person before I make a decision.

Aquaduck04

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Just got off the phone with Apple Store at Short Pump in Richmond VA. They have them in stock and on display.

epictempo

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Houston in stock

Just picked up the first new air in the Galleria. Got 11.6. Stop reading and hurry over there! :p

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Any word on them having 4GB ram models in stock, or are we looking at an online purchase only for those that want the upgrade?
I was told on the phone that the store has the 4GB modules in the back room, and can be added at the time of purchase. (But could add 2 hours up to a day extra until you can bring it home.)

I'm about to go see if that's true...

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
Just picked up my 11 inch base MBA at the Lincoln Road store in Miami. Was told this was the first one they had sold today, which was surprising. I can also report they had a new 13" MBA on display and an 11" which they were showing off as well, although the 11" was not wired up to the table.

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I am so throughouly confused now about the RAM issue. I was under the impression that the amount originally purchased was non-upgradeable.

From this thread it looks as if Apple store reps are insisting there is another "bay" in addition to the base 2gb soldered in. What's the best way to clear this up.

Also, do they sell CPU upgraded models in store, like the 11.6 1.6ghz version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.