Rethinking the Rose Gold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tikatika, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I was very attracted to it initially but am having second thoughts. I know I can put a solid case on it, but am kinda wanting the black bezel this time around. This isn't earth shattering, just voicing doubts in a forum that understands :)

2. invisibleshoes macrumors regular

Same here. I saw the RG watch in person, and if it's any indication on how the color will be on the phone, I'm not liking it. Already did a pre-order so I'm gonna do an exchange (for a space grey).

3. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

4. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

image.jpg I would have gone with rose gold had they offered it with black face. I like the black face, even use black wallpaper and black leather case. Makes images even apps really pop out and make the whole face appear like the screen.

5. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

6. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

Black bezels look so boring and dull. White is why I was happy to place an order for a rose gold.

7. Benched08 macrumors regular

Yeah black bezels take the joy out of colorful wallpapers/apps, they mute and dampen the appearance of everything.

8. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

You know what? Me too! I hope I don't hate it when I get it. If I do I'm going to go get silver or gold. I'm sure they'll be glad to take the RG off my hands since it's in such high demand.

9. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

This is true. I definitely need the white bezel.

10. Benched08 macrumors regular

The space gray screams "no personality" to me. It's too business-like.

11. Orlaam macrumors member

I have the gold 5s as a second line. Bought for a failed relationship (don't ever do this unless married and sure of things). Anyhow, I don't like the white as much. Plus the newer rose gold looks pink. Every pic or video I've seen it looks pretty girly. IDK. I wouldn't buy it. To each his own.

12. ShadovvMoon macrumors 6502

ShadovvMoon

I went silver as it looks good with the white bezel/bands.

13. caligurl, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

that's why i made it a point to go to the apple store yesterday.... i wanted to see the watch in person..... i was so torn between all the pretty pinkie pink pictures online and the gorgeous black bezel....

after seeing the rose gold watch in person my decision was made: space gray and i'll get a very cool skin for my new phone!

14. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

If you're going to get a case, then the only thing that really matters is which bezel will look best with it, because you're not going to see the back again till it's time for a new phone.

15. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

16. doboy macrumors 68000

I used to love white bezels and still do on my iPhone 6 and iPad; however, I think the black bezel looks better on the iPhone 6+. Don't know why.

17. ValO macrumors 65816

Why don' t you take a rose gold one. If you buy a black curved protector like cinder/imos/armorz and a touch id protector in black, you wil have a rose gold iphone with a black front.

18. Oakmhcky21 macrumors member

I just switched my background based on yours.

19. Orangeman13 macrumors regular

Orangeman13

20. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

If bezel colors excite you then your life must be boring and dull lol

21. adam1080 macrumors member

adam1080

Wanted the space grey 6 plus last year, but stock was low so I bought the silver and have used it for the last year.
    I have been fine with the white, but have missed and been envious of the black.
    We'll see on the 25th if I still like using the black when my space grey 6s plus arrives.

22. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

After having black for every previous iPhone, I got the gold 6 Plus. While I loved it for a few months, eventually the novelty wore off and I found myself disliking the look of the white bezels. For the 6s Plus, I'm going back to space grey.

Funny thing is, I have a silver iPad and I love that, but that also has a smart cover on it so usually when I'm using it, the screen is lit up. On the iPhone, a lot of the time the screen is black, but I have it near me and uncovered, so I'm seeing the black face and white bezels and it doesn't work for me.

Once I got my Apple Watch, space grey sport, I knew I needed to go back to black bezel phones. It looks like such a mismatch to have a black AW and a gold iPhone.

23. fsumom macrumors regular

24. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

image.jpg
    Use one of the flower with black background as wake up screen, flower really stands out. I just switched to solar disk.

25. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

I don't follow your logic.