Retina display soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by someguy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

So what is your approximation for retina Air?

Based upon what you say is even late 2014 feasible? Or more like mid-late 2015?

2. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

To the OP, how do you feel about next week? The new MBR 13" is all over the news today.

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Next week for MacBook Air Retina? That's what I'm looking for.

4. seong macrumors 65816

seong

No, MacBook Pro retina, not MacBook Air retina. I can't imagine having a MacBook Air that has retina display, same form factor, same battery life, etc. must be a MBP first, then macbook airs.

5. Ubele macrumors 6502a

Assuming that all Apple laptops will have Retina screens in a couple of generations, that none of them will have optical drives or HDDs, and that Haswell's and Broadwell's integrated graphics will be more than acceptable for most users, and seeing how Apple is increasingly focusing on consumer products (the most powerful of which are powerful enough for most pros), will there be any need to have separate MBA and MBP lines? I can see one line (the "new MacBook"?) that comes in 11", 13", and 15" models. The 11" and 13" models would have integrated graphics, and the 15" would have a discrete graphics adapter – as is the case now. Perhaps a lower-priced 15" option with integrated graphics would make sense by then. All would be configurable with different processors, different SSD sizes, and different amounts of RAM. Average consumers would gravitate toward modestly configured 11" or 13" models. Power users would gravitate toward maxed out 13" or 15" models. I don't see any other way for Apple to continue to differentiate between Air and Pro lines, other than varying the battery life and number of ports.

6. LeeM macrumors 6502a

the best way in my eyes seems to be 11" air as it is, 13" pro, 13" retina, 15" pro, 15" retina.
    there seems no need for a 13" air and retina, seeing as a the 13" retina will be about the same size and weight as an air