Retina Macbook rubbert feet replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 3lite, Nov 13, 2015.

1. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

I have late 2012 rMBP and need rubbet feet replacement. Where can I purchase the correct rubber feet? Apple wants $100+ to replace the entire back piece (no bueno).

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Check on eBay. There's always someone selling rubber feet, screw sets, and other hard to find items for Macs.

3. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

How do I know which one is the correct one? All the ones I've seen on sale are for MBPs and have heard people say it doesn't fit properly on the rMBP.

4. chscag macrumors 68000

You can query the seller and ask. If he or she replies that the feet are for the rMBP and when you get them and find out they're not, get a refund. Make sure you pay with PayPal.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

If you have the fallen off rubber feet and use a strong glue to put them back on. ;)

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

My MacBook now wears felt on its feet instead of plastic. Less than a pound for eight at a DIY shop. Fit the holes exactly.

7. Gotjack macrumors newbie

I purchased some replacement rubber feet from Ebay (total £3) after my apple store told me they charged £7 per foot (£28 total). I put these on with some super glue and hey presto

8. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

My local DIY store has a whole range of small rubber and plastic 'feet' which I've earmarked (RMBP =18mm, MB = 14mm & TiBook= 6mm) just in case I ever require anything similar. Price was just a few dollars.