Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gohin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
I need your help and expert suggestion. I have a Retina Mid-2015 15" - MacBookPro11,4 (IG) - A1398. It was working last 2 years without any issue. Suddenly 2 days before doesn’t turn it on. The mega safe adapter light stays on Green.

I have made some attempt

1. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) with this method Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time. Release all keys and the power button at the same time the MagSafe adapter stay as green NO flash.

2. Resetting PRAM
Command, Option, P, and R keys at the same time. No sound hear the startup. MagSafe adapter stay as green.

3. I removed the battery connector from the Logical board and after 5 minute re plugged again and tried to open no success megasafe adapter stay Green.

4. 2nd attempt removed the battery connector from the Logical board and connect mega safe adapter won’t boot but the mega safe adapter stay Orange color.

Please give me your suggestion what exactly the fault. Is it the battery or Logical Board damage or MagSafe2 DC Jack Power Board.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
Try to hold down the power button for exactly 10 seconds and while still holding down the power button, plug the power cable in, and keep holding the button until it comes on.

Reactions: EvilMax

gohin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Try to hold down the power button for exactly 10 seconds and while still holding down the power button, plug the power cable in, and keep holding the button until it comes on.
Thank you for your responds.. I just tried this method as well. No Success...

EvilMax

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
Germany
Bloody hell, my macbook pro tured on without problem from dead state with this method, but its work only with this method...
Why is that...
Only thing when turn on with this method is fans working on maximum...
Plase Help...

EvilMax

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
Germany
Send it to Louis Rossmann

That’s 2 S’s and 2 N’s
Unfortunate i am too far from Rossmann, but luckily i am a Laptop technician in Germany...
I am Not the biggest Professional, but working and learning something new almost every day, so i can try To repaire this but If someone will Help me what To searching, or at least what mean "That’s 2 S’s and 2 N’s"...
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

EvilMax

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
Germany
Ok...Nobody knows the answer or nobody want to give the answer...?
I tought that this is the place of technicians and the answer quickly will come, but only answer was to bring it to Rossman...?!

Frieg

macrumors member
May 9, 2017
Ok...Nobody knows the answer or nobody want to give the answer...?
I tought that this is the place of technicians and the answer quickly will come, but only answer was to bring it to Rossman...?!

Nope, this is a board by and for users of apple hardware and software, technicians who repair apple hardware on a daily basis generally don't use apple hardware themselves (insert your own conclusion here why they don't want to invest in apple stuff) and thus are not on this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.