iPad mini Retina mini yellowish screen...it's this SITE!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gix1k, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Gix1k, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

The screen isn't as sharp as my Air, but most noticeable issue is a yellowish tint on lower half of screen. As I type this, my keyboard is yellow like.

Do you think an exchange will correct or this is what we get?

Edit: if I toggle from two tabs...macrumors and another site that's white...the yellow tint is the way this site displays on the iPad....

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

My friend said his has the same problem.

3. JGWolven macrumors regular

OH MY GOD THE MINI SUCKS!!!!

Sorry, I would feel bad if I didn't contribute. If purchased through Apple they will be happy to exchange.

4. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

This is making my decision on which to return rather easy.

5. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

well there's no reason you should have to live with it, that's for sure.

6. klover macrumors 6502a

7. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Well...heading to work late and exchange in the morning while supplies are hopefully still available in my area.

8. dckcentaur macrumors member

The slight yellowish tint at bottom of screen will go away. When I first Booted up the rMini it had a slight yellowish tint at bottom I then increased my display brightness to full and on a all white screen for 10 to 15 mins and it started to fade. I barley notice it. This is the same thing from years past.

9. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

I think you're probably referring to one of the other devices where the glue to fuse the layers of the screen together hadn't yet cured. This isn't the case for the iPads. If your screen has a yellow tint, chances are good it isn't going away. But you have 14 days to basically test that out.

10. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I've said that about this site, and iPad Air. No other site looks as yellow, and many/most look quite white. Msn.com looks very white...... ;)

11. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

Could this be the transparency effect of IOS7 working incorrectly. I too noticed these forums tended to show the worse left yellow tint. Other common areas are in the Settings app. For me it was most apparent using the split keyboard.

12. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I've got absolutely no yellowing, and I always look for these things. What I do have is a tiny piece of dust under my screen. I've got another on the way and will keep the better of the two.

13. Appleduder macrumors newbie

I just unboxed mine, turned it on and the bottom half of my screen has a yellow tint. It's bad... Very noticeable even with brightness turned all the way up. Back to the Apple Store tomorrow I go.

14. WilliamBateman macrumors regular

I don't know about that. For starters, my HTC One displays this site very white and crisp while my retina mini looks muted with yellow tint. It's not just this site, same thing with Phonedog as well.

15. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Run it with max brightness for a few days, see if that clears it up. If still a problem, make use of your 14 day return window to swap it.

16. spider1135 macrumors newbie

You got a bad Apple!!!

17. iosuser macrumors 6502a

It is not the site. My retina Mini I bought from Best Buy last night is the same. In fact, the top portion is bluish in addition to the bottom being yellowish. Have a look at the pictures. I flip the Mini upside down for the 2nd shot. This is bothersome enough for me to try to have exchanged.

I'm not that picky at all. I've owned every iPads there is. The only one I exchanged was an iPad 3 which I could actually see the separate LED elements on the edge of the screen.

And I have to agree the rMini is less vibrant than my iPad Air. But wow it's so much faster than the regular Mini even my wife notices when playing Candy Crush, and she's not into this stuff.

Attached Files:

18. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

It's definitely this site on my mini. There are no other pages that I get a yellowish screen. Odd thing is it's this site on the mini. It looks fine on my Air. Hell, I dunno. My local store is now out of stock, so i'm effed.!

19. The Dougler macrumors member

The Dougler

Mine does this as well. I noticed it the second I turned it on and was logging into iCloud. I'm going to return it, already have another reserved for pickup today.

20. pizzamampf macrumors newbie

Looks similar to one of the two I bought today.
    The other one is better, but not perfect.
    Please keep us informed.

21. lawlbringer macrumors regular

Funny, the yellowish screen on the right is EXACTLY what my iPhone 5s looks like that I'm going to have swapped out...

22. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I can see yellow in the background on that website but it is not distracting. I assume most have brightness setting on their device different than others. I have mine on auto.

Regardless, I bet if I exchanged it for another and set the brightness to auto as well that it would be the same.

23. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Okay.... I just chose another site, this time Apple's. Click on the iPad tab, and then tilt to left side of the screen toward your chin about 1/2"-1". Do you see the yellow tint shift to either white or blue? I started a thread about IGZO displays, and I'm wondering if this is just the way a single light bar IGZO/Retina display appears.

P.S. The tilting works on this site as well. Just go to the last advertisement post at the bottom of this thread, and tilt the screen. It's a mostly white background, and I'm getting a shift toward white with very little movement.

24. prominence macrumors regular

Had the exact same issue. Very frustrated because I went to exchange and the New iPad Mini was WORSE than my original one purchased yesterday...... he wouldn't let me keep the original because he said the exchange had already been processed, but that I could swap it again when a new shipment came in.

2 of the associates agreed that they also saw the screen issue, we compared my original one versus the new one versus 2 on display. My original one was actually the best looking one go figure (but stood out more than the others because the yellowing was just on the bottom half of the ipad, whereas the new one I have is the WHOLE ipad screen being yellow tinted..).

Not happy and have never nit-picked before.

25. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

You're listening to the "You've got OCD" brigade if you think it's nit-picking