return 3gen ipod touch moldel for 4g

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aqwsaqws, Sep 1, 2010.

1. aqwsaqws macrumors newbie

Hi, I heard from someone that it was possible to return an old hardware model when a new one was just released little time later. In my case it's a 32GB 3Gen. iPod touch bought in mid July that I'd like to exchange with a new 4Gen. one. (would really appreciate Facetime, new look, the Retina screen and the speed boost)

I'd like to know whether you've ever heard about something like that..

PS: Why didn't they build a FM Receiver in the new touch even though the last Nano Gen. had one?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No you can't just trade it in for a new one. You will need to buy a new one if you would like those features.

Seriously though, if they allowed trade ins, wouldn't everyone want to do that?for that reason, you can only trade in within 2 weeks of purchase.

3. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

You can only return your ipod if it was in the 14day return period. There's no way they are going to replace it for the new one if it was bought in july. Try selling it on ebay or craigslist.

4. aqwsaqws thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx

Thank you for your Quick answers. A friend of mine probably meant that 14 days guarantee. And to be honest: now I'm not so sure anymore whether I really need those features or not - I managed to live without them the last months.

5. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I don't think that's possible, but if your iPod has a problem then you have one year of warranty and you'll receive a new one. The new iPod seems nice!

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

This is mostly correct. If Apple determines that it needs to be replaced under warranty or AppleCare, you will receive a new produce of the same model number. You will not receive a newer model except in extreme cases. I have never heard of this happening, but I don't doubt that it HAS happened before (read: there is no need to post 820934 stories of "OMG THAT'S NOT TRUE BECAUSE I GOT AN UPDATED MODEL)