Return MacBook Pro for MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arice727, Aug 11, 2010.

1. arice727 macrumors newbie

I've been looking around for a new laptop for the last couple weeks and finally decided to buy a Mac. I was originally settled on a refurbished MacBook, but when I saw that MicroCenter had an instant $200 off on the MBP, I immediately picked one up. Now, I'm wondering if I should return the MBP and order the refurbished MB. Here are my concerns:

• There seem to be a lot MBP owners with WiFi problems, possibly b/c of the aluminum body
    • In the last couple days, I've seen quite a few posts regarding discoloration or pitting where the wrists sit on the MBP
    • $ - Paying $900 (w/ tax) for the MB is a little easier to swallow than paying $1060 (w/ tax) for the MBP. (I was originally looking to spend around $500 on a laptop)

So, what should I do?

(I've posted this in the MB and MBP forum; I'm hoping that's okay)

2. kolax macrumors G3

Those two points are literally non-existant. I've never had any discolouration.. it's is metal.. You'd get discolouration on the white MacBook for sure. Never had any WiFi issues.

You do realise that most posts here are problems, not praises? You can't read these forums and make a judgement as to how reliable a product is.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

4char

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Discoloration on a metal computer? Didn't think so. From what I read, it's basically just dirty and you can clean it (I guess if I was super anal about it - I could say my computer has discoloration, but it doesn't.
    Plastic Macbook definitely has discoloration though - it's white plastic!

No WiFi issues at all here. Super strong signal. Most of the issues (if you actually read the post) is from the lack of a good router/setup which could happen technically with any Mac.

It's up to you if you want to trade $160 for more ram, better casing, backlight keyboard ... you know the rest.

5. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

Purchasing the MBP at Microcenter for the $200 off is a great deal and the best you will find without trying ebay. The MBP in my opinion is better built with more features. Also I have never had one problem with Wi-Fi, from day one I have not lost a connection and it seems to connect instantly.