Return new Mbp for oct 20th event?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicname, Oct 14, 2010.

1. nicname macrumors member

So based on this:http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20019463-260.html
    When would new Mbp be abailabe after announcing them? I bought a mbp 6 days ago and I wanna know if I should return it for the new line of mbp.
    What's apples return policy?
    On previos announcements, how long does it take for their new products to hit shelves

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

There is no guarantee that new hardware is going to be released, so the choice is up to you. I think you have 14 days to return, but I could be wrong.

Sometimes new hardware ships immediately, other times you have to wait.
    If it were me I would just be happy with what I have got, its a fool's game trying to keep up with technology.

3. nicname thread starter macrumors member

I guess so. I'll have 4 days to return after the announcement if it is a 14 return policy

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I think more like 2, but Im not 100% on the 14 day policy.

5. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

just keep it until you find out whats at the event. but remember when you return the mbp theres a restocking fee :p

6. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

Just call apple and ask if how long is their return policy. If they ask why, tell them you are not satisfied with the MBP and thats it. If you have 14 days to return it, just wait for the event and return it if you want to get something else.

7. BassetCase macrumors member

I think there is a 10% restocking fee. I would just keep what you have, unless the new upgrade is worth that.

8. scrace89 macrumors member

what don't you like about your current mbp? do you really need something better than the current i7 and 8gb of ram? Unless they drop ssd prices in half, upgrade the graphics card or remove the superdrive for another harddrive slot, there is no reason you shouldnt be happy with what you have.

9. nicname thread starter macrumors member

I got a 13" lmao so it's using core dual processors so if I can upgrade to an I3 or even go for a 15" it'll be worth it

10. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

im in the same boat man, my macbook came in yesterday morning, i hurried and opened it...then i got on macrumors and saw the announcement. fml.

i'd just wait and see what the new mbp is, if any...also another thing to consider, assuming there is a new mbp, the current ones will drop in price, and there is a 14 day price match as well.

11. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you're within your 14-day return window when a new machine is announced, and you don't want to return it, you're still eligible for a refund if your model dropped in price. Most of the time when new generations come out, Apple drops the price of the previous generation.

12. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

That would be sweet! Got mine yesterday too. I'm lovin my new MBP and unless they release a whole new MBP (major update), I'm keeping it, and I wouldn't mind getting a bonus check too :)

13. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

anyone think they will update the MBP's with USB 3.0? Thats about the only thing that I could think of that I would like in my new MBP. Mine as is right now is blazing fast! (15" i7 8gb 500gb AG)

14. NintendoFan macrumors regular

No USB 3.0. Unless they get Sandy Bridge really, really early.

15. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I read some speculation in Information Week that a hybrid drive (SSD + HDD) might be available for the MBP at the announcement.

16. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

17. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

I would hope yours is blazing fast its this years top of the line model :rolleyes:

18. olletsocmit macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

If you opened it already... they are gonna charge u $250 re-stocking fee to return it. its total BS

19. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Blame the people who would buy a product "for the lulz" or buy it fully intentioned to bring it back after it had been used. Among a slew of other things.

20. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i agree they have to accept some personal responsibility that they didn't do research before buying.

21. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

+1

Especially when it's members from MacRumors. We have a buyers guide FFS! :D

To be honest that's exactly why I waited alittle longer. You don't know what Apple has in store but a new OS was bound to come shortly. Even early 2011 isn't really a long wait.

Let's hope they decide to stream next Wednesday!

22. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

That's all I'm expecting.

23. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Im gonna be real :( if they don't

24. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

eh, i didnt have internet before yesterday. and when i did use the forum it was for iphone. not that its a very good excuse...

25. rcpilot44 macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me during the last refresh in the spring. I refresh came out 12 days after I bought the 13 inch MBP. My local apple store said they usually wave the 14 day policy when there is a refresh, usually allow 28 days with no restock when a new one comes out. Call an apple store and check it out