Return policy - third party earphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TorontoSS, Dec 19, 2014.

1. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Hello,

I was thinking of buying a pair of in ear headphones which are made by Bowers and Wilkins but unsure if they will hurt my ears or not. Does anyone know the return policy on buying headphones in store? Would I be able to get a refund if they don't fit me?

Thanks

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Which store? Every retailer has its own return policy, most offer a refund in 14 to 30 days, so review their return policy.

3. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for this. I was thinking of their UK store - specifically Regent Street in London.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not familiar with UKs consumer laws. Just go online or check with the store.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Would you want to buy headphones that someone else had in their ears for a week? I wouldn't. That is why stores don't accept returns for underwear, earrings and in ear headphones.

Think about it. These returns are _voluntarily_. There's no law that says a store has to accept any returns unless they were defective when sold (which means that smashing up hear in ear headphones won't get them returned). They only accept returns if they can still sell the goods. It would probably be illegal to sell used in ear headphones.

6. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

It's about the same as retuning a used toothbrush. Just the thought of it makes me want to vomit