Return your Iphone 4 for a FULL refund if you don't like it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cottonsworth, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

Apple is allowing those that don't like their iPhone 4s to return it for a FULL refund. Instead of those ridiculous lawsuits, if you don't like the product or have complaints, just vote with your wallet, return your phone and get whatever suits your liking. Personally, I love my iPhone 4.

http://www.9to5mac.com/apple_iphone_4_statement

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I love mine too! I hope the whiners will take them up on the offer, return them and quit posting here!!!!! :)

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

Yeah, good luck with that.

4. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Well, how does that work for those of us that paid with cash? I'm not sure about other apple stores but at my local one we were required to buy a gift card and then pay for the phone. I've got both receipts and they are only 2 minutes apart and the amounts are exactly the same. So it's very obvious what the gift card was for. I've got a feeling though that it'll have to go back on a gift card, which I have no use for. Any thoughts on this?? I'm going to give apple a call when I go to lunch today and see what I can find out.

5. msduncan macrumors 6502

Assuming they mean 100% full with no restocking fee, then this is a decent offer on Apple's behalf.

The restocking fee was a major gripe for those of us with issues.

6. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Return iPhone = Gift Card, Return Gift Card = Cash?

7. JPark macrumors 6502a

Longtime Apple fan and stock holder here. I hope they (we) take the offer and return it. Apple screwed up on this one and they're not even trying to make it right. Apple used to live on good customer service and customer loyalty. This time around I feel like they spit in my face and dared me to leave them.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

To clarify. For launch day people your deadline is the 23rd. If Apple's fix doesn't, mine is going back until there is a confirmed solution to that and the camera green spot problem.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sell the GC. You can get 90-95% back. Or save it for another version of the iPhone or something. Not great, but if you really can't use your iPhone better than nothing.

Pretty sure you can't return GCs for cash.

10. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

I'm thinking about it, but I sold my 3gs and att is saying there is a re-stocking fee. I shouldn't have to pay a re-stocking fee for a defective product.

11. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Seriously guys, the ones complaining don't "hate" the iPhone, if we did it would have already been return. On the contrary, we LOVE our iPhone and are pissed because we have a defective one and apple's only response is deal with or return or it. We just want a working iPhone like the ones you have, not return it because we really do love having our iPhone.

12. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Returning the phone is not enough.

Not anymore.

13. richard371 macrumors 68000

Will they waive the activation fee and not charge you for the 30days service if you cancel the line?

14. exhibit.b macrumors regular

If I return my phone, do I keep my upgrade eligibility with AT&T?

15. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

"Stop whining." :rolleyes:

16. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

That's why I'm going to call apple at lunch. I'm considering taking my phone back because it doesn't work at home where I use it the most so what's the point in having it?? Other then the signal issue I love the phone! The only thing keeping me from taking it back at this point is having to get the money back on a gift card. My point is that I'd never bought the gift card if I wasn't having to do so to be able to pay for my iPhone 4. In my head I already know what apples answer is going to be, but I like to think good things on a Friday!

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Stop being so dramatic. Returning the phone is enough.

18. Cottonsworth thread starter macrumors regular

You make it sound like Apple is obligated to design a working phone to your standards. Apple isn't obligated to anything if you don't like it, just return it. I played around with a Motorola Droid at a Verizon shop and didn't find the phone as responsive as I would like, should I get pissed that Motorola designed the phone that way? No, I'm just not going to buy it. You can do the same for the iPhone 4.

19. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Holding it in the same common way I held my previous iPhones is not an unreasonable standard, its a logical expectation.

And you are correct...mine is going back before the 30 days. I have a perfectly good 3GS that I can use until they sort the hardware out on every phone.

20. army91c macrumors 6502a

You sir, are correct! X gets the square.

21. Cottonsworth thread starter macrumors regular

What do you want Apple to do, accept the return and buy a Droid for you? And if you don't like how the Droid works, should Apple buyout Motorola and design the phone to your liking?

22. bobright macrumors 601

If getting a refund would we still be upgrade "eligible" to purchase a iPhone 4 down the line at the discount price? I was looking to return and purchase a white one once theyre out, but afraid they'll take away my eligibility once I'm reverted back to my old 3GS contract which had a year left.

23. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Who said its not up to my standards? If I got a droid and it was not responsive, but a friend had the same unit and his was, guess what I could exchange it for a working droid. So why is it unreasonable to want apple to exchange my defective phone for one that works like the one you have? Do you go around telling people who have defective screens or cameras to quit complaining and return their phone and get droid? Really quit bitching, people have defective phones and deserve to get working units.

24. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

I got a Droid, sitting right here beside the iPhone 4, it works 100% any damned way I choose to hold it. Can't say that about the iPhone 4.

You are dismissed.

NEXT!!!

25. texasipod macrumors newbie

Problem with your example is that those that had the 3gs had a working phone and the iphone was billed as an improvement. Therefore, the expectations were that the iphone would, at the very least, have the same level of efficacy. Buying the motorola without expectations is different and you do have a choice. Remember most who have an Iphone 4 now pre-ordered on those guarantees and were not able to just walk into a store and test it out.

Hope you see this and why being blindly loyal does not improve things for the consumer.