Returned 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StevieT8848, Sep 26, 2016.

1. StevieT8848 macrumors newbie

I bought a Verizon 32GB Black Iphone 7 Plus. I have been rocking a 5c for two years that still works surprisingly well. I got my new phone and started setting it up. The issue of the loud processor, coil whine or whatever is very real. I could easily hear it without putting my ear to the phone. The phone immediately started running extremely hot as soon as it started setting up. The screen didnt appear to be yellow or have any dead pixels. Callswere extremely muffeled through the earpiece but videos through the external speakers sound pretty good. All in all, I was fairly disappointed with the performance and returned it and went back to my 5c. Ill wait for next year or when my phone dies and I have to upgrade. This phone wasnt up to Apple standards in my opinion.

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Ok... thanks for letting us know.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I agree if your not content with your Purchase, you should return it. If your iPhone feels warm/hot during set up, it's not unusual when the iPhone initializes.

4. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it was my attempt at a mini review lol. Im not overly picky but the issues with my model made it not worth the price.

5. Low country macrumors 6502

I don't hear the "Hiss" sound on my AT&T 7 Plus 256GB Black model but mine creaks and clicks really bad just using the phone as it's designed to be used. I also do NOT like the terrible muffled sound quality while on a call with the phone to my ear. I'm returning it tomorrow, haven't owned it for 5 hours yet :(

6. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine creaked fairly badly. My girlfriend's 6 is rock solid. It felt flimsier than her 6. It feels like Apple released this just to release a phone with more focus on next years redesign. The processor noise is bothersome and is something you would expect out of a cheap Android phone, not something Apple puts out. Apple should comment on this issue but they probably won't unless the returns start flocking in.

7. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

8. Low country macrumors 6502

Hi Stevie,
    This 7 Plus is WAY flimsier and more flexible than my 6 Plus. I'm betting Apple is not using the series 7000 aluminum on the iPhone 7 Plus.

9. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad you enjoy it. I can only comment on my unit. I may be in the minority.

10. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

I love mine, and you did not. Glad I live in America an have a choice. 5c screen to me would be laughable, I'm not trying to go blind by 40 looking at that little device display .

11. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

It felt extremely flimsy. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of Bendgate Part two. Just overall disappointed in the quality of this phone. Apple is better than this. At least they used to be. A phone shouldnt sound like it has a laptop fan in it.

12. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

I've tried extensive tests on my iPhone 7+ and I can't replicate the issue. It's a shame you've experienced this, maybe a move to the 7+ could be on the cards later, if this issue is ever resolved! Would be a shame to miss out.

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I can't replicate it, either.

14. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad you like it. To each his own. I will eventually upgrade it just won't be to this model. They wont stop making phones.

15. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

From what i've heard, those who have this issue are in the minority. Lets hope Apple recognise it, though. They don't quite have a great record at doing that though!

16. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

17. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

The display units had the hiss as well. Maybe it is a specific factory or part supplier and all units arent affected. I may give it a shot in a few months and see if Apple has addressed it. Glad you are enjoying your phone.

18. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I know when I upgraded from my old 5s to my 6+, calls were muffled until I realized I was actually just placing it against my ear wrong. Yes, I was holding it wrong. :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe that's what is happening? Or something is wrong with your 7+.

19. EezyE macrumors regular

It is made with 7000 series aluminum. Apple's website specifically mentions this detail.

20. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

I didn't actually try it with the in store units (it was way too busy and loud!), but as I said before, I don't have it... so I probably won't go looking for it elsewhere! :D

21. StevieT8848 thread starter macrumors newbie

All I know is that my unit creaked and popped alot more than my girlfriend's 6 and the display models of the 6.

22. Low country macrumors 6502

If it indeed is, I'll bet my next months paycheck they went with thinner aluminum or the actually structure inside the phone is just poorly designed. This 7 Plus is much much flimsier and flexible compared to my 6S Plus.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    The guy in the video is bending the 7 not the 7 Plus, theres a big difference in rigidity and leverage between the 7 and 7 Plus. My 7 Plus is nowhere close to the strength torsionally of my 6S Plus.

23. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

Easy answer, dont sit on your phone like a duma**. Any phone.

The amount of force even shown in that video is every drop he had and leveraging body weight to get that bend in it.

That is not real life forces unless you purposely abuse your phone.

24. determined09, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Deleted post

25. kargurin macrumors regular

kargurin

It's kinda like the Android people trying the new Sammy Galaxy phones (that don't create incendiary explosions) and saying no thanks I'll stick to my Droid. I haven't seen any of those yet but if I do I'll think, duly noted. Then again, no I won't. o_O