Returned iPhone 4 (was found)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanggxAmanda, Aug 20, 2010.

1. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

So a few days ago I was at the outlet mall with my family and my little sister realized she couldnt find her phone after we left and already went home. Everyone went absolutely frantic but shortly after (around 10 mins.) we got a call from her phone to my moms phone. It was a lady and she said she had found it on a small brick wall behind some benches. She said she didn't live near us and would mail it to us. She had found it a few hours earlier so I guess my sister lost it some time in the morning. Well we received it back today :)

I just posted this in appreciation that there are still decent people in this world :)

P.S. Yes, we did mail her a reward well more like a gift of our appreciation

2. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

My iPhone 3G slipped out of my pocket when I was on my way to the club (already tipsy by that point) and the cab driver like went on my Facebook app and posted his info as my status so I would see it on my computer.

Next day I went to his house and got my phone, everything went better than expected. :)

4. milerich macrumors regular

Both these stories rock. I always love seeing stories of people doing the right thing!

5. chembox macrumors 6502a

Stories like this make me feel like a passcode lock isn't necessary if you lose your iPhone and want it returned.

6. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

im happy for you op!!! it really was a nice story. i just wish if i ever lost mine someone would return it and do the right the thing.

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

9. rangtang macrumors member

Cake??? :D

If I lose my stuff and someone returns it... it's cake time!:cool:

10. cipher29 macrumors regular

I seriously wish Apple would adapt what you can do on a blackberry by leaving a msg on the lock screen! On my work berry I have my email address and my phone number in case I lose it. That way it stays locked and if anyone picks it up they have a couple different ways to contact me!

11. chembox macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that's why more than 90% of people purchase MobileMe for their iPhone.

12. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

That's awesome :) glad there are more wonderful people out there!

After this experience I'm thinking about taking the passcode off of mine, but it is kinda rare for this positive outcome... :/

13. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

The only thing is MobileMe is quite expensive. I remember on my old blackberry all you had to do is go into settings and write a message, I did name and email. So on the lockscreen it would show but they could not actually get into the phone. It was pretty convenient!

14. RichBrewski macrumors member

Oh. You could just make a lock screen wallpaper that has all of your info on it. That's what I did!

15. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for the tip!

16. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I have a jpg of my business card as my lock screen works great!

17. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Cool stories!
    I left my old 3G at a Dunkin Donuts. Luckily the people who work there got a hold of it and called my dad. I was pretty relieved. I was at work when I realized it was missing and guess what... mobile me wouldn't locate the phone! My phone was on and it was enabled... just couldn't locate it. Figured the only time I needed it, it failed me. I won't get it again.
    At work the other day one of my employees found an Iphone in the bathroom and gave it to me. I work at a venue where over 20,000 people are running around. Oddly enough, the woman who lost it happened to find me and I was able to retrieve her phone from security for her. I've never seen someone go from being so upset to so happy in 30 seconds.

18. RichBrewski macrumors member

Nah, I think the big selling point is the GPS locator. My parents bought it so they could keep tabs on me (I'm 17 :rolleyes: ).

No problem!

19. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

20. RichBrewski macrumors member

Haha, yeah... I put it upon myself, though--Long story. ;)

21. Dualica macrumors member

Dualica

I'm so happy for you (@all of you) who get their phones back. There are a lot of honest people out there. :)

I 'forgot' mine in a museum. Went back to the place I remembered having used it, but it was no longer there. Went to the lost & found but nobody had turned it in. Not then and not the next day :( I have mobile me, but because I was on holiday and abroad, I had data roaming off and there was no wifi in the museum. Tried locating it without success.
    I was so mad! At the person who kept the phone, but even more at myself for not paying enough attention.

Now I'm waiting for a new iPhone 4

THAT is a great idea for the future! Thanks!!!

BTW: I have a 17 year old daughter and I would never-ever even think about tracking her down via mobile me! That's bad :(

22. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I run restaurants/clubs for a living and find an avg of 10 cell phones a week minimum... I just go to the re-dial history and look for frequently called numbers so their friends/family can get the phones back to the customers... turning them in to base security is a PITA filling out the report and they make no attempt to contact the owner... I'd rather hand the phone back to the owner in person!

23. RichBrewski macrumors member

Haha, yeah I guess it's pretty bad. But they only check on me when I go to parties and such...

24. molala macrumors 6502a

Reminds me of a friend of mine who found a mobile phone at a mall here. She phoned the owner's dad to return it, and the dad was shocked, "What was she doing at Grafton Centre today!??" Ooops. Busted, even without the GPS.

25. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

awesome to hear....there are some kind hearted people in this world, very few and far between, but they are there...:D