Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
Also, keep in mind that MobileMe can be had cheaper on eBay. I generally pay about 60-70% of what I would normally pay for my family plan, making the family plan cheaper than the individual plan at a retail store.

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
she said she had found it on a small brick wall behind some benches.

Sounds like quite a hangout. Its refreshing to hear someone actually returned it to you! I remember losing my white iPhone 3G, got turned off right away and I never saw it again. Really sucked because I had to get another 3G and otherwise I woulda waited a few months for the 3GS.

Nice of you to reciprocate the kindness with a gift of your own. Class all around.

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Sometimes a good deed isn't great for the person you're doing it for.

A friend of ours found a woman's iPhone and went through her contacts so she could find a way to return it. She managed to get in contact with the woman's husband who was happy the phone had been found and agreed to meet a short distance away to pick it up.

Only problem: Our friend, in going through the phone to find info for return, discovered the woman was having an affair! She freaked out and was asking my wife what to do. She didn't want to give the phone to the husband but had already agreed.

Apparently there was quite a bit of evidence of the affair on the phone too. Yeah, she was probably snooping a bit too.

We don't know what ever happened but the phone was returned.

kepner

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
I once left a backpack behind with my iPad in it. (I know, I'm an idiot.) I didn't realize I didn't have it with me until the local police department called and said someone had turned it in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.