Returning an iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tanker-X, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Tanker-X macrumors member

If I purchased my iPhone 4S from Apple.com can I retun it in an Apple retail store? Or do I need to return it to Apple.com?

Thanks

T-X:cool:

2. CaliforniaKing macrumors member

You can return it to the store, just bring a copy of your receipt. They may charge you a restocking fee though!

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I would imagine you could go to the store, but your best bet is to call them in the morning and ask them.

4. Tanker-X thread starter macrumors member

It is still sealed. No restocking fee right? I will call them though, that was a good suggestion.

5. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I Tried to return one today and a guy told me I had to return it to the apple.com store. Hmmm lemme know if they take it!

6. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

7. Justim macrumors 6502

From what I remember, Apple got rid of the restocking fees.

8. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

My pops thought he wanted one, and then realized he didn't care to use Siri. So I figured I'd use his upgrade and return the one I bought. That way I can get my $250 early upgrade fee waved.

9. Tanker-X thread starter macrumors member

I'm just going to return it and wait awhile for the mess to die down, then get a white one.

10. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Confirmed by local manager that iPhone online order payments can only be refunded as store credit instead of original purchase. So unless you want a gift card, ship it back.

:apple:

11. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Ya think?

12. djstile macrumors regular

Not to take the thread in another direction, but just so you know, there is NO restocking fee on an iPhone purchased in the store and returned to the store within 30 days. This is a quote from my iPhone 4S receipt and it doesn't touch on a store vs. online, but either way:

I know this to be true because I returned my iPhone 4s to the Apple store the other day, no hassle, returned the box and all accessories with it and I had already restored it to factory settings.

13. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Definitely have to send it back to Apple.com. I had this same issue and went back and forth with a manager at one of the local Apple Stores. Said their hands are tied. You can return anything from Apple.com to an Apple Store....except for iPhones.

Not sure of the full reason for it, but getting it returned to Apple is pretty painless. Give them a call and they provide the FedEx shipping label.