Returning my MacBook Pro????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mohsy90, Feb 7, 2011.

  1. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

    mohsy90

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    Location:
    New York
    #1
    So as many of you are probably aware, there were released photos of Best Buys inventory showing new MacBook pro's for March 11th. Now, i just purchased my MacBook pro last week after getting tired of waiting for the refresh.

    Here's the article: http://www.9to5mac.com/51155/new-ma...nventory-with-march-11-launch-date#more-51155

    This is probably the most solid information i've seen yet regarding the MBP '11 refresh and it is tempting me to go return my current MacBook Pro right now. So what do you guys think, and how has information like this held up in previous years for apple devices.

    I dont mind waiting a month, but i definitely cant wait for a June/July release date.

    Thoughts + Advice?
     
  2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Location:
    Centerville, Ohio
    #2
    well in the actual post on this a person said that if the stuff is in the system then technically it should be coming, but they also said the iPhone 4 white version has been in the system since the day the iPhone 4 came out and you could just assign a price and print a tag if you wanted to.
     
  3. greytmom macrumors 68040

    greytmom

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #3
    I'd stick with the one you bought. Still no guarantee that the new ones will be out when BB thinks they will be. Last year, they had dummy skus listed as early as 2/15, but the actual MPB didn't come out until 4/13.

    If the one you have now works for you, I wouldn't go through the hassle of returning it.
     
  4. svenn macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    #4
    They probably are on the way soon, but if you're one of the types always wondering whether to buy now or wait for something newer to come out, you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain and suffering.
     
  5. omgitsgordon macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #5
    I'm in the same situation as you. I do not know whether to return it or not. Decisions, decisions!
     
  6. DarkVinda macrumors regular

    DarkVinda

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2010
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #6
    9v battery across the logic board lol...

    i didnt even bother attempting to wait - dont like intel HD video cards so the refresh wont make me upset with mine...

    it all depends what you use it for - i thought logic would cause issues on a 13" but as im still on the learning curve for it then it doesnt bother me...

    i've already got my mini - hdmi and optical cable plugged into my amp so when im thinking about needs extra real estate on screen - its getting plugged into my tv...

    if it works and you dont have an issue now - i'd stick with it...

    Vinda
     
  7. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

    Fubar1977

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Location:
    North Yorkshire, UK
    #7
    Is there anything your current machine is incapable of??
    No-one knows when new models will actually be released so why not just relax and enjoy your machine?
    Leave spec-chasing to the PC crowd :)
     
  8. smsz macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2005
    #8
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I ordered a MBA online over the weekend and just cancelled the order before it shipped.

    If the updated MBP drops some weight and remains at a similar price point then I'll pull the trigger on a MBP. If not, then it's back to the MBA.

    My last Mac purchase was 2 months before Apple transitioned to Intel. :-/

    I certainly don't want that feeling again.
     
  9. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    #9
    I'd say as long as you didn't buy the 13" keep what you have, if you bought the 13" you bought an outdated laptop and should wait til marchish.....
     
  10. snaky69 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    #10
    It's not likely to shed even 0.1 lbs, don't hold your breath. And if a 13'' laptop is too heavy for you to carry, stop being a skinny vegan and hit the gym, you're weak.
     
  11. Camps23 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    #11
    Im in the market for a 13" but deff waiting as I feel the c2d is very outdated even if it will perform fine for what I need I don't want to buy something now that won't last for years to come. So the waitig games begin!
     
  12. Blaine macrumors 6502a

    Blaine

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2007
    Location:
    Abilene TX

Share This Page