"Rev B" 2010 Macbook Pro's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbethfan, May 15, 2010.

1. macbethfan macrumors member

Does anybody know when they will start releasing Revision B hardware for the 2010 Macbook Pro's? I know Apple doesn't really announce revision changes but I was just curious because I'm hoping Rev B will be significantly better and fix the problems that people have been having with this first batch. Hopefully somebody will post when they notice the Rev change. Thanks!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If we knew; why would we visit this site? Wait for the leaks to come from Vietnam, then we will know.

3. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Doubt anytime soon. The MBPs were just released and I honestly don't think there are that many problems with the current ones. My i7 MBP is working wonderfully with no problems at all. Just a handful of people here on MR, but there will always be those people that won't be happy with their product. I doubt Apple will update just because of this. If they do update, it will be to update the CPU, GPU, or something else about the interior/exterior that to introduce "new technology" but definitely not for the problems listed here.

Just my $ .02

4. Coswyn macrumors member

Coswyn

I'm hoping for a minor update on the 13" MBP. The processors and screens were upgraded significantly on the 15" and 17" models but not on the 13" - I'd like to at least see the latter (an option for 1440x900 with antiglare). I think they would have done it the first time around but supplies were low.

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

+1 that basically sums it up. The reason it sounds like everyone has problems is because the people whose machines work flawlessly have no reason to post about it.

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

It's important to remember that Apple's engineers are highly competant and have built a fine machine. Too many people who are _not_ engineers act like they know better. I'm not saying every MBP is perfect, what laptop is? What I am saying is this batch of MBP's are excellent. Remember it's normal for people to complain on a forum like this. The people that are happy (a huge number) are enjoying theirs and not posting here. If one keeps waiting and thinking "what's next" you'll wait forever while we enjoy ours today.

Finally, the first Core i7 I bought was so good I gave it to a family member. The second one was as good as the first, so I gave that one to my wife. The third one (in my signature below) is also stellar, frankly I could not be happier.

7. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

I agree with what the above posters are saying. If all that's holding you back from getting one are the reports of issues, then get one as the as they are disproportionate. Another happy i7 owner here.

8. Rogue. macrumors regular

No problems here! My 15", i7, 7200, matte hi-res is a sweet as a nut.

Awesome battery life, low heat, perfect screen, blisteringly fast as well. My first mac and the best laptop I have owned in almost 20 years of using them.

What you need to do is stop listening to the whiners and buy one and see for yourself. ;)

9. dreven79 macrumors member

dreven79

mines fine,

there will never be a perfect machine.....

10. bigjobby macrumors 65816

My 2.4 i5 hi-res AG 7200 has been absolutely wonderful in the 2 weeks I've had it and its been clocking up massive usage hours in that time. Not one complaint to report!

11. shadygrove macrumors regular

My i7 is great. No freezing, overheating issues, or discolored screen here. I don't think there were any more 'bad' MBP than there are in any mass production scenario.

12. FRiC macrumors member

Hard to say when they will or will not update. When I bought my MacBook White 2009 2.0 GHz, I thought there's no way they could update soon since it was just released with a new graphics chipset and new CPU, and it has the same specs as the MacBook unibody 13" (before it was renamed MBP) so logically they would update the unibody model next.

But nooooo, two weeks after I bought it by paying cash, they released the 2.13 GHz version with a 10-months no interest payment plan. :mad:

13. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Why would they want to 'revise' something that's running problem-free ? :confused:

You need to get rid of the "wait - for - Rev-B - or - else - you'll - get - a - bad - machine" paranoia.

14. lightworker macrumors member

Yes, yes... whatever. ¬¬
    Just think about it in other terms: imagine you just bought your first car, let's say, a Ford Mondeo, right?
    And then you start to realize through forums and other people and friends too (and with your own car, of course!), that a lot of them have a clutch problem and that sometimes the 3rd doesn't engage. So you get yourself in running having to go from 2nd to 4th cause you can't use the 3rd.
    Imagine that Ford offers you a similar replacement method like Apple one.
    So you got the oppotunity to get a new Mondeo. ¿What will you do?
    Will you REALLY get a new Mondeo?

Come on... don't make me laugh...

You will wait like anyone, for a revision, for a public Ford anouncement and for a problem correction and some comments and reviews about those improvements and solutions, to start to think about a Mondeo again.

So that's basically what happened to everyone like me, that has bought the "Mondeo" (MBP), and just got the "3rd Gear Problem".

Let's see if with other examples like Ford's one, all of you start to realize that this is no different paranoia than the one that all the "no-problemo-here-sir's" have with their "omg-Godness-perfect-machine-mine-works-like-never-others-did-cause-mine-is-more-perfect-than-yours". They are EXACTLY the same kind.

Hope you understand, and if not, just wait for your crash. Cause inevitably it will happen. And time will give me reason.
    This is an "all-MBP-problem", that will start to appear soon for the "lucky" ones (cause they're in the "Care" time), and pretty late for the big major unlucky percent.
    And soon, Apple is going to release a new Revision, and THEN is when they probably will make the "announcement" about the isues that they have RIGHT NOW.

You just keep simply forgetting how Apple do the things and bussines.

15. shadygrove macrumors regular

LOL!

Wtf are you talking about? Just as you can't say every machine is flawless, you can't say every machine will fail. You ARE an idiot.

16. wiredx macrumors member

^^ Doesnt that just describe about every product that exists in the world today? Companies will always release new versions that they claim to be improvements over the previous ones.

17. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

The whole "angry people complain, happy people don't say anything" paradigm is really overused on these forums. Macrumors forums and pretty much every other message board around are NOT a reflection of the average user's experiences. Some people here tend to overlook what others may perceive as a problem. Whether it's to justify their purchase or for some reason defend a company, I have no clue.

Take a look at tech blogs and magazine/newspaper articles if you want a more general consensus of people's experiences with the current line of MBPs. The OP is right, there are problems, and they will be fixed, whether it's with a hardware revision or software update.

18. lightworker macrumors member

Using this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
    Typical reasoning method.
    Without the last part, it would have been a "good" reply (note the double quotes here).

I know you don't like to read it, ah? But hey, you know this cutie?
    [​IMG]

This is what I've had to use to get my LGA1336 940 @ 38~40 ºC constantly.
    Just think about it (W's appart, and all the other stuff).

edit:
    Let me add here a pic:

[​IMG]

I added this cause I'm sure you have no idea about what I'm talking about, and this maybe will give you a clue.
    Probably the only part you see from your MBP, is this part:
    [​IMG]
    (LOOK ma'! The little tiny white apple makes LIGHT!! WOOOAAA :O)

THAT'S the way to think! :)
    Thanks!
    And I would like to add, that this is not a "perceiving as" theme. It's an "it IS" theme.

19. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

This post should be a sticky!

Congrats on family of macs ~~~~ :)

My 2010 MBP is working flawlessly!

20. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

LMAO gotta love these silly car analogies :D honestly, you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about.

Revisions go like this : the iMacs in 2009 had yellow screen or the June 2009 MBPs had hard-drive clicking noise issues - THESE are revised. Revision here means fixing something that is or tending to be defective in a large scale.

In simpler words, show me one problem (your new Ford Mondeo's 3rd replacement clutch doesn't .. blyaa leave it I can't even correlate) that the 2010 MBP has. You want to fix something that isn't broken in the first place, which, to me, doesn't make the littlest of sense.

Ford Mondeo HAH-AHA-HAH-HAA :p

This is how your logic sums up:

[​IMG]

21. lightworker macrumors member

Hahahahaa! Just laugh at it: "... have ABSOLUTELY no idea... "... AHAHAHAHA!
    Ok ok you boy. I'm not gonna argue. Think what ever you want... :_________D hahahahah. Sorry... I just can't stop laughing, you "enlarged" my life... :_)

Emmm... ahh... what I was going to say?
    Oh yes! I remembered:

I just wanted to add that there is a curious "fenomena", wich is: when Acer makes a bad bunch of PC like Apple had, in a year every one is going to say: "DONT BUY AN ACER! OMG THEY ARE ****! AAAAAAAAHHH! Just buy an ASUS, wich is AMAZING! OOOH yes, oooh yes!".
    Then somethin' similar happens to Asus, and it's time for HP on next year. And then... well, you know the cycle. Dont you?

But with Apple? What happens with Apple?

You know... the "tiny little whitey lighting apple" fenomena... ^^
    Really feels good with a hot coffe coup in the other hand, ah? ;)

22. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Does ANYONE here knows what he is talking about ? :D

EDIT : About your Acer analogy thing - you know when the 27" iMacs started having yellow screens people did start to say 'don't buy anymore iMacs coz they're horrible'. When they got fixed, people went back buying them again. Its a normal thing to do, irrespective of the company or the brand. So ? How does this fit in here ?

The present MacBook Pros don't have any problem to start with. I fail to understand why a Ford Mondeo, an Acer PC and a "hot coffee coup" will revolutionize people to stop buying MBPs and wait for "Rev B".

I honestly don't mean any offense but it just keeps making you look more stupid with every single post !

23. mingoglia macrumors 6502

My 17", 8 gig, i7 has been flawless. I was initially slightly disappointed with the 7200 rpm drive as I felt a very very faint vibration when I first started using it. It was so faint it annoyed me. I eventually remembered that spotlight was doing it's "thing" so it was working as fast as it could. Since then I've never felt it and couldn't be happier.

Mike

24. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

I suspect English is not his native language.

25. lightworker macrumors member

As I said "my friend", I'm not gonna argue. Think what ever you want :)
    And I'm sure you will... :D
    Luck in your life!