Reveal No Caller ID and Block Number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KUguardgrl13, Sep 3, 2016.

1. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Does anyone know how to find out what number is calling with No Caller ID and how to block the calls? I receive multiple calls a day from a No Caller ID number that hangs up immediately when you answer and doesn't leave a voicemail when you don't answer. Verizon didn't have any ideas. Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Something from a similar discussion at http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-block-no-caller-id.1990510/ might be of some help.

3. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Verizon had no idea? Good grief, CSR's get dumber every day.

With VZW plans, you can block any 5 numbers at any time. However, if you want to block "restricted" or "private" numbers, there's a $5/mo. feature you can add to your account. It was formerly "Usage Controls," but it's now called "FamilyBase."

Here's the link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/

The only thanks I shall require is that you eat a Z-Man sandwich for me at Joe's KC BBQ next time you visit the city.

4. KUguardgrl13 thread starter macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Sigh... I'm not the account holder, so I'm not sure how much that helps. And I don't want to block all restricted numbers since the government likes to use those as do a few of my techie friends.

Funnily enough, I actually ate at Joe's KC in Overland Park last night! Mmm, pulled pork :D

5. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Dang! I miss that stuff. I like the old gas station location, but the OP location was bigger and closer to the Apple Store. Not to mention Trader Joe's.

All private/restricted numbers show up the same, so one cannot selectively block them. Unfortunately, they're all or nothing.