Reverting Multitouch to 10.6?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by hehe299792458, Jul 4, 2011.

1. hehe299792458, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

I've been trying out Lion GM and everything else is great. However, I just can't get use to it's weird multitouch changes. I want to be able to:

1. Use 4-finger down swipe to "Show Desktop"

2. 3-finger forward/backward in apps (Chrome, FF)

3. 4-finger down (NOT up) swipe for showing all windows.

3. Showing every window in expose (I don't want some windows to cover others).

Anyway I can do these things?

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Your points 1 and 3 conflict with each other, I imagine you want it to be like Snow Leopard: 4 finger up = Snow Desktop and 4 finger down = exposé. You can do that with Better Touch Tool, and many more things.

There is a setting to have 3 finger left/right to do back/forward, but you won't get the animation that you have with 2 finger left/right in Safari. I'm sure you'll find the option, it's in Trackpad Options, under "navigation" or something like that.

As for your last point, no, there is no way in Lion to show all windows at once unfortunately. However, I'm sure that everyone would love to get this functionality back, so there will probably be some hacks to get around that later.

3. hehe299792458 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

Yes, points 1 and 3 are contradictory. What I meant to say was:

using 4-finger up swipe to show desktop.
    using 4inger down-swipe to show all windows.

I tried the Better Touch Tool, and for the most part, it's great. However, with BTT, if I swipe up with 4 fingers to show desktop, I have to swipe up again to show desktop. In SL, I could've use swipe-DOWN to do the opposite of show desktop. It feels more natural that way - swipe up to show desktop, swipe down to get the windows back.

IN BTT, if I swipe up (it show the desktop) and then swipe down again, it goes directly from the desktop to expose.

4. desudesu macrumors newbie

In BTT just add another "Swipe 3 fingers down" and link it to "Show desktop" and you'll get the desired effect.

What really annoys me is that I can't swipe to show desktop, click-drag an file from the desktop or finder, swipe to get the finder/app back and drop that file in to the app. This was something I did all the time and now even with BTT I can't replicate that function :(