[Review] Marware C.E.O. Premiere Case for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FarSeide, Jul 17, 2008.

1. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I've been searching for a good leather case that I could clip on to my belt and I came across this nice Marware Case.

This review is solely my opinion and I'm no way affiliated with Marware.

Where I bought it: Marware Site

Price: $34.99 plus $3 USPS Priority Mail. I ordered it on 7/15/08 and received it on 7/17/08 in the morning. The item is being shipped from Florida and it only took 2 days to get to CA. Normal USPS Priority Shipping.

Included Items:
    Screen Protective Film, Cleaning Cloth and the Leather Case
    [​IMG]

Case: The case is made out of genuine leather and its nice and soft. The interior is lined with suede so you dont have to worry about scratching the phone. The design of the case looks really sharp and the stitching is excellent. The magnetic flap is heavy duty so you dont have to worry about the phone falling out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Side Opening: It has side opening on both sides so you could plug in your headphone along with the access to the lock button. The bottom portion aslso has a opening so its easy to push out the phone with your hand.
    [​IMG]

Back Clip: The belt clip is tight so you dont have to worry about slipping off of your belt or purse.
    [​IMG]

Overall I really like the case. If you've been looking for a leather case, I highly recommend it.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to respond.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

3. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

the belt clip is not removable hence the tight close fit to your fit. I noticed it from my previous cases that if you have a removable clip, the phone case sticks too far out from your belt and it can catch as you walk by things.

4. platbr macrumors newbie

Thanks for the review. I've been looking for a case for my iPhone 3G, and this close to fits the bill. I wasn't sure before reading your review, but I think you may have convinced me. My other choices are the Marware CEO Sleeve, which I like:

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iPhone-3g-cases/C-E-O-Sleeve-for-iPhone-3G

As well as the Beyza sleeve:

http://www.beyzacases.com/cat-apple-iphone-3g-cases-unisr-vs6-vertical-leather-case.cfm

And the Vaja Ivolution (the ivolution with no cover hasn't been released yet, though). I wasn't sold on the Marware, but your review almost has me convinced. Do you know if they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee if you just don't like the case? Also, how is the screen protector they include with the case?

I'm still using my old Blackberry Curve case, which sort of fits, but not really.

5. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

weird, the same case at the apple store has a velcro closure. but i did order this from the marware site and got the magent closure .. how do you like it so far ? do you think the magnet will effect the phone ?

6. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Thats funny cause BB Curve case is what I ended up using with my 1st gen iPhone :)

They do offer warranty.. check it out.

http://www.marware.com/marware_return policy.html

7. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

The velcro one sucks cause its hard to open the case and after while, the velcro doesnt work well.

I've had the case for the day and I love it. I am so picky when it comes to cases and this is IT !

8. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I have the incase holster, and I hate the velcro. It's so loud and obnoxious when I'm trying to get my phone out quietly.

I just ordered the Marware :p

Now if only I can find the best shield for my phone....IS or BodyGuardz... anyone have any advice for which has the better quality plastic?

9. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Its been close to a week and the belt case went through some heavy duty club action last night and it didnt budge from my belt.

I now know it will be safe on my belt where ever I go.

10. joshigh macrumors member

I bought this case off ebay and got stuck with the velcro version. I didn't realize there were two different selections. I hate the velcro. It's so loud. I had a magnet clip on my old phone case and it was great, it's very quite, but gives you a reassuring snap when it catches closed.

I also don't like the overstitching and polka dot looking perforations on the front. and the big silver billboard of a brand name. I like a case to be more plain, with nice stitching. Another thing about these style of cases, I don't like that over an inch of the phone's side is exposed. I know it makes it easier to push it out, but I think there could be another solution, maybe elastic covering the service. It seems it's just begging for scratches as you sit, get up, in and out of cars etc...

I may use this for in the car, or clipped to my seatbelt or something. I'm waiting for a good belt case to come along before I buy another one, my options were this and Incase, and they are both a little too 'modern' for what I'm looking for.

I do like these:

http://www.beyzacases.com/cat-apple-iphone-3g-cases-unisr-mn-lateral-leather-cases.cfm

I just don't know how the headphone access works. It looks open, any experience?

11. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

on marware's website, they point out that CEO Premiere Cases ordered directly from Marware have magnetic closure, and all other retailers (apple, internet, etc) have velcro

brilliant marketing, keeping the best for your own store, but it prevents you from getting it at a slightly cheaper price than other places.

12. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry but that case looks gaudy with all those little dots.

13. slapppy macrumors 65816

The sleeves aren't very good at protecting the corners when dropped. I dropped my 1st gen and the top of these sleeves types exposes the edges. So the top of my iPhone has some nasty dings on it.

14. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

I wanted a marware glide for my iphone, but play.com has pushed back the release date by another week and i just can't be bothered to wait any longer, i've already been waiting since i got my phone for the 21st july release date and now it's been pushed back to the 28 th:mad:
    So i've just decided to go with this case:
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/T...accessories/cases&mco=MTI3ODM0Mg&p=1&s=newest

It's double the price of the glide, but looks a lot better and is available now, i'm just hoping it will come with a screen protector and cleaning cloth

15. subcritical71 macrumors newbie

Anybody else get velcro vs. magnetic?

I just received my order :) from the Marware website and should have received the magnetic enclosure. Instead I have in my hand the velcro closure :(. I like the case, but the velcro is not what I wanted. As stated previously the way I use the phone and where I use it will kill the velcro in short order!

Anyway, has anyone had this happen? :confused: I've sent support an email asking for the correct case to be sent. Hopefully they don't give me too much hassle.

16. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

does the "flip case" or whatever you want to call it get annoying?
    i couldnt imagine trying to get the phone out for calls etc.

17. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

the part that bugs me about that case is that I would have to put it in my pocket.

18. qwik3r macrumors newbie

Has anyone reported problems using a magnetic case, such as damage to the color of the screen (think what a magnet does to a tv screen) and or reception?

19. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I like this case and have been using it for a week or so. It does seem to have a little room around the phone. That may be good if you use skins and stickers.

Heavier than the velcro cases, which is good and bad.

No problems with the magnet. Usually magnets only interfere with devices that have a slider that turns the orientation of the screen.

I might try the beyzacase....

20. dwykstra macrumors member

This case is ok. I bought it, and I'm already looking for a new case. It is well designed, and it holds the phone well. However, it's a little annoying when trying to answer a call from out of the case. Just takes a little longer to slide it out. I guess that I need something a little more functional.

21. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'm considering keeping my phone naked, but I want something like this to carry it around in since I'm currently using an Oakley sunglasses case.

22. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

So any updates on how the Marware C.E.O. Premiere Case has been ?

My experience so far has been good and its been 2 weeks with this case and a BSE on my phone . Anyone else have any updates.

23. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I've had it since the day that I did this review and I love it. Its very well made, my phone is very well protected and no scratches from case.

I also love the fact that I dont have to worry about my case falling off of my belt.

The best belt case I have ever used even better than the BB case.

24. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Just checking in, how is this CEO case holding up for you guys

25. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

the case is awesome still. I just recently switched over to Vaja case and now my wife is using the case. She loves it more than I do since she could just throw it in her purse.