Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gyrgen

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2017
I have the Nomad wireless charging mat and it works great. And I can charge my Apple Watch regardless of which band I'm using. If you have a sport loop or stainless band, you're going to have to remove it to use this product -- very shortsighted.
[doublepost=1561583344][/doublepost]

This.

This for me as well. What I found is I have to flip my sport loop inside out and use the Velcro on about an inch of the band and it will stay put overnight to charge.

My wife bought this unit for me on my birthday and it’s a headache to use. The reviewers insight about needing to precisely place things is hugely understated. I have some issues getting my XS Max to sit right, and I tried it with my wife’s iPhone 8 and that takes about 10 seconds to line up right.

All of my devices came off this charger scalding hot. The pad itself gets hot and even if you’re charging just one device it’s slower than using a regular wall charger.

Their customer service is atrocious, took days to respond. Told us we were using it wrong, and after seeing similar reviews and posts here, it’s just a crappy design. It took longer to try to align everything vs just plugging things in and using a nice docking station stand. We tried to return it but because to them it wasn’t “defective” we had to pay shipping back to shipping back to China which was almost the cost of the unit with tracking.

I don’t recommend these for anyone. Save your money, buy a nice pad for your phone and get a nice dock for your watch for 1/3 of the cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.