Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
LED lights just do not look Christmas-y to me. The colors look like carnival lighting or something. They don't have that warm glow that the old-fashioned lights had. I guess you won't even be able to buy the old ones eventually.
This times 10 trillion. LED lights as Christmas decorations have made everything look cold, uninviting.

I still like these Hue lights. I have no interest in putting them on a tree or using them for Christmas decoration. I would use them for other purposes. Needs to drop to $100, then I'll pick up a few sets.

Last edited by a moderator:

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I disagree that using LED lights for Christmas or in house look cold. So, many ways to change them, not sure how that is even possible. I like both led and the old fashioned lights. Fine with either, but costs savings is greater with LED’s.

Reactions: CarpalMac and jib2

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Who wants a "Gamer/Streamer RGB" tree? ... yuck (I mean to each their own.. but not for me)

tranceme

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
California, US
Twinkly are way better. 3D Mappable And brighter. However the app is pretty horrible.
Fully agree. I have bunch of Twinkly. And, I agree, the app sucks. When it works, it's amazing. But, very poor quality.

I don't see how any one would buy these Hue. Way over priced. I think Twinkly is a bit over price. And, these are double. Crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.