Review: Twelve South Offers a Creative Solution to Wireless iPhone Charging With the 'PowerPic'

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 14, 2018.

1. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

The majority of the time that my phone is recharging, so am I. So replacing the not-very-aesthetically pleasing charging pad with a picture frame, that will be just a picture frame the majority of the time I'm actually awake, is a good idea.

I honestly don't understand how people can be so miserable that they have to complain about everything.
    ...as I complain about the users on this post, lol.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2018 ---
    That's a neat lamp. But entirely unusable since I can't put a Hue bulb in it.

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

Yeah the lightbulb isn't even replaceable. It should last around 25 years, however.

3. DTECHQUE macrumors member

4. gsurf123 macrumors member

I bought two as gifts. They work perfectly for charging phones and look great. I don't know who would care about an image showing on the phone. The two people I gave them to have them in their bedroom and put them in the picture at night. It's a great product and I will be buying more. Sure you can cobble together a similar solution or buy something else but I doubt it will be as well built as this one.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019 ---
    The practical application is that you can charge your phone in a picture frame that does not look like a charger. Picture most of the time and charger when needed.

5. iVoid macrumors 65816

Actually, what you could do is to choose the picture to use, print it out, put it in the frame, then on your iPhone you choose to use that picture as well and then crop it to match about where you put your phone.

That way at least when your phone is awake you see most of the whole pictures. :)

Would be cool if they had a lcd picture frame inside so it can cycle through a photo album instead of being just a single paper photo.