Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Exactly. I've had my doubts around the Smart Case that came with my APM's, but for me, in my usage, I very rarely need any case. When at home, I just put the headphones down on my desk or on top of my Ipad. When traveling - I keep them on my head, and in some rare occasions I store them in the Smart Case in my backpack.

I'm not defending Apples choice here - the Smart Case is a poorly designed product. But after almost a year of ownership of the APM's, it's a way less big problem than I expected.
I actually use mine around the house, mainly to put them into low power mode and make them a little more compact. I think the case looks a bit unfinished visually (feels like they were going for some "origami" aesthetic which isn't very well realized) but functionally I think they accomplish exactly what's needed.

Reactions: Phil108

lauriinc

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
Like with too many cases (including one similar case I bought), the zipper seems to be too close to the headphones and might scratch them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.