Ricky Gervais podcasts

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
For all you Office & Extras fans out there with iPods, this may be of some interest to you. :)

Starting Monday December 5 2005: Ricky Gervais on Guardian Unlimited, an exclusive series of podcasts that will tackle, finally, the big questions.

Such as: "Jellyfish - do we need them"? And: "Why do you never see an old bloke eating a Twix"?

The brand-new series of 30-minute audio programmes will see Gervais joined by writing partner Stephen Merchant and the man Gervais calls "the funniest man alive", Karl Pilkington. "The trouble is," adds Gervais, "he doesn't know he's being funny".

"I want to do a radio show where I can say what I want, when I want, for as long as I want and that's free for anybody who can be bothered to listen, anywhere in the world," Gervais says. "We didn't want it to just be the best bits of a radio programme you'd missed so this is a show that is straight-to-podcast.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/rickygervais

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Hmmm, I'll defiantly give it a try. Are you going to be listening in BV?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
EGT said:
Hmmm, I'll defiantly give it a try. Are you going to be listening in BV?
Possibly. Haven't even updated iTunes from 4.8 and my iPod is full. Wonder if I can put them onto my Shuffle instead?

Even though I like Ricky Gervais, I posted this more as a heads-up to everybody out there in radio-land.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
Sounds like the excuse I needed to finally see what these podcasts are all about. Thanks. :)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Blue Velvet said:
Possibly. Haven't even updated iTunes from 4.8 and my iPod is full. Wonder if I can put them onto my Shuffle instead?

Even though I like Ricky Gervais, I posted this more as a heads-up to everybody out there in radio-land.
By default, your shuffle won't put podcasts on. However, if you drag and drop it onto the shuffle, it should add it. :)

Out of interest, why havn't you upgraded your iTunes?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
XIII said:
...Out of interest, why havn't you upgraded your iTunes?
Because it hasn't added the functionality I'm looking for and I have some iTunes scripts that I haven't updated yet.

4.8 still does exactly what I use it for... namely, playing music.

Anyway, don't want to drag this thread too far off-topic. ;)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Just listening to the first one now... it's really the Karl Pilkington show so far, much like some of the XFM shows.

S'ok.

'mixing concrete in a pelican' :D

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Just hit up the first episode and i found it hilarious, definatly one of my fave podcasts around....

Shadow

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
He's at the top of the list of most popular podcasts in iTunes. ITV had him on the news 2 or 3 times last night talking about them so I'm not surprised.

On another note, the New Scientist podcast is a good listen. I look forward to their future podcasts. I recommend it for anyone else interested in science stuff.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I finally got around to listening to it today and it is fantstic. I love them talking about the banana dispenser on the spacecraft :D. I also like how when they are talking about bodcasts that they change the album art to start to show a picture of Bod in the album art window. Very clever ;).

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
Uh…yeah…Ah. Love all that.

It's the second podcast I have downloaded and it's the only one I kept on listening till the end.
Looking forward for the next ones.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
"you know the Flinstones is only partly based on fact..."

was at the gym and damn near fell off the eliptical after hearing that...so f'n funny. had to turn on something else cause there was absolutely no way to work out while listening...ntm, the stares is was getting because of my laughter.

thanks again for the link.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Lacero: Have you tried both the MP3 and MP4 file on your iPod?

Download the MP3 file here
(suitable for playing directly on your PC or copy it to your portable player)

Download the MP4 file here
(enhanced for iTunes and photo iPods)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.