ridiculous iPhone 4 stories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmyers0520, Jul 6, 2010.

1. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

After reading the "i got in a scuffle because of my iphone" story i figured there should be a thread where we can post crazy behavior we've seen, or been a part of. Apple employees especially! so ill start...

was at Best Buy the 24th (received my iphone the 23rd) to buy a case. in front of me in line was a customer slamming his 3GS on the counter, "I. WANT. MY. NEW. IPHONE. I ordered it...you said you'd have it. I want it now!" The lady gestures to me to step up, I simply say "I need a case..for my new iPhone" :D dude was NOT happy w me

2. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

They should require a license to be considered an adult.

4. BigWayne1386 macrumors newbie

They should require a license to reproduce.

5. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I think they're doing something like that in China.

6. barroE macrumors newbie

+8

7. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I'm sorry, but official policy says you can only "+1" this post.

:p

8. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

+1

9. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I heard people waited in line for hours on launch day. That had to have been crazy!

10. mmyers0520 thread starter macrumors regular

hopefully :)

11. samcraig macrumors P6

The most ridiculous iPhone 4 story I have seen was the Press Release issued by Apple.

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I was called a "crazy ******** apple fanboy who sucks Steve Jobs ****" because I love my iPhone 4 and it doesn't have problems. (It really doesn't but I guess being problem free means your a fanboy.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, the conversation went like this:

Co-worker: "Oh you got an iPhone 4? Have any problems?"
    Me: "Nope. Works perfectly."
    Co-worker: "No they ALL have problems I saw it online."
    Me: "Thats because the internet always inflates problems. You can check it and see if you don't believe me."
    Co-worker: "No I'm just constantly sick of this ****. Your nothing but a crazy ******* apple fanboy who sucks Steve Jobs ****. You think your apple **** is so perfect".
    Me: I've never once talked to you about apple, all you saw was my iPhone on my desk and nothing else even related to apple...

He was actually for real pissed and stomped out of the office.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Unfortunately there are many people BLINDED by their arrogance that they can't see the facts if it came and slapped them upside the head. :)

14. dkgoalie macrumors newbie

dkgoalie

I heard that they make phone calls. As of yet, non-confirmed.

15. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

I hope you euthanized him on the spot...or at least put out a fatwā on him! Some people have real mental issues!! :eek:

16. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You should have told him you were sorry he can't afford Apple products. I find that this is often the motivation for blind hatred.

It's like closet homosexuals who "hate" all gay people.

17. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Co-worker? You get called that *here* these days! :eek:

18. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

From my other thread.

So my replacement iPhone 4 clicks when I tap the right side of the screen. I took off my Wrapsol to make sure it wasn't the screen protector. After testing my dad's iPhone 4, I realized the screen or back plate of mine must've been loose.

I immediately booked an appointment at the genius bar for tonight. So I go there and wait awhile for a genius to help me. One finally comes and he asks what the problem is. I explain it to him and he holds the phone and starts tapping it. He does hear the clicking sound and then hands it back to me. He says there will be a software fix coming soon. At this point, I was like "wait... what the heck are you talking about? It's a hardware problem" He claimed it was a software issue and told me not to worry about it. Since it was past 9pm at this point, I decided to not escalate this in some stupid way. I'm just going to call Applecare in the morning. Turns out some of these Apple geniuses aren't geniuses at all.

Before someone says the clicking came from the speakers, I'm completely sure they did not.

19. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

If you were an Apple 'genius' you certainly wouldn't be working in a retail store rofl....

20. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

-8=0

Fixed.

They are making your iPhones in China.

21. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Lol. A "software fix". I love it. Yeah, quite a few of Apple's "Genius'" are quite the opposite. It seems they hire pretty much anyone that looks like they slept in a cardboard box in an alley way. Not to mention, some of them smell like it too.

22. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I agree. I seriously don't get it. I have my iPhone and iPad in my office but they stay in my desk drawer and I never show them to anyone or talk about them since people here are psycho and flip out over apple stuff. I only use them when no one but me is in the office. It makes NO sense to me. Its a piece of friggin electronics.

I had another co worker do something equally childish and storm out of the office (we work in the same office) simply because I opened my iPad box when it first arrived. He told me to "get that ********** thing out of my face" and stormed out. (It wasn't in his face it was across the room on my desk!)

I swear I feel like I work in the mac rumors forums sometimes :p

One of these days I'll go flip out when someone gets a new mouse, or monitor, or something and wait for them to call me childish so I can put them in their place :D

23. desol8tor macrumors newbie

My friend got the iPhone 4 but ironically is employed at a Verizon Wireless store. He says his employees give him looks that are a mix between disgust and jealousy. Makes sense.