Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
I have found myself embroiled in more arguments since I picked up first my iPad on April 3, and then the iPhone 4 (5 1/2 hours in line = worth it), than I have over just about ANYTHING. I am completely perplexed over the hatred Apple products inspire in some people. I was talking on the phone outside when some goofball whips out (wait for it...) some Android Google spyware - powered device, and yells, "Android rules!" I naturally responded with a polite question about his mother.

It was bad enough with the Microsoft warriors. They've always felt the need to tell anyone within earshot why they would never buy anything from Apple. I've been (smugly, I admit) arguing with them since my first Mac, so I guess I've gotten used to them.

But now, these Android geeks are really stepping up their holy war on all things Apple, and they're ready to push the nuke button if you even mention anything they don't want to hear. The worst part is, with all the buy one, get one free deals, and a multiple of carriers, and what seems like dozens of models from different manufacturers, it's going to be more and more like fighting off the barbarian hordes, charging from every direction.

Things are coming to a head with iPhone 4. I hope Apple hurries up and rolls out this supposed software fix, taking away the prime weapon in the Android fanboy argument arsenal.

I also notice this reaction. IMO, it will eventually be the undoing of Android. You can already starting to see the problems with the low quality apps in the marketplace. You will also see a X10 factor of user information being compromised due to the lack of controls. Apple and Google have both recently experienced this. Apple is far better set up to prevent repeat scenarios through their vertical integration.

However the lack of structure and vertical integration in the Android Market Place will easily start to become like using Windows Vista.

Openness can no longer be seen as it was 10 years ago. Society has decayed too much. Too many sinister elements. The reaction of the Android Young Adults is clear evidence of the impending chaos in the Android world.

Give users a choice between at&t and Verizon

miamihacker

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Miami
lol my story is with my dad ok so i got my iphone 4 a day early so im syncing my new iphone and im happy and then my dad comes from work (he reserved his to pick up the 24th ) and looks at the phone he grabs it and hold it in his hand and says "i dont like it is too ugly " so im like haha well then i start playing with it and i go to sleep like at 2 am and at like 5 am my dad comes into the room and says lets go to the apple store i have to pick up mine im like wtf! well ended it up doing the line for him he was just sitting around waiting for me :mad:

hariustrk

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
Most have never even experienced an Apple product, let alone the iPhone. They all go by the media. Once they hold it though, their perspective changes pretty quickly :)

I own a iPod, Iphone 3G, Ipad 3G, and a Macbook(to code for the others) and I my perspective is very much "I dislike Apple as a company" and I still hate OS X. They have some decent quality hardware but Jobs is a jerk and thier policies are very anti-competitive. Thier software development tools BLOW chunks compared to whats out there for other environments.

I also believe thier arrogance will be thier downfall. It was ok for them to act that way when they had a small cult like following, but now they have hit the big leagues people won't stand for it.

You can tell me how Jobs is super rich so he must be doing something right, he is, but right for Jobs and right for you and me are not always the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.