righ-click option "send as email"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zephonic, Apr 30, 2011.

1. zephonic macrumors 65816

zephonic

I am sorry if this has been said before, but I would really LOVE to have a right-click (or control-click) option that allows you to send the selected item as an email.

So right-click on a -say- pdf, doc, jpg or mp3 displays the the drop-down menu and if you select the 'send as email' function it opens a new mail msg with selected file already attached.

To me that would be incredibly handy. anybody else think this is a cool idea?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Or, drag to the Mail icon in your dock...

Another option: With the item selected, go to menu Finder > Services > New email with attachment.

IIRC, there is also a way to add contextual menu items through Automator. It's been a while since I've played with Automator, so I'll have to check into it and post back if I find anything useful.

3. zephonic thread starter macrumors 65816

zephonic

Yeah, I know about dragging it onto the mail icon, but that is a flick of the wrist, which is inherently more of a strain than two clicks with a finger! :D

I never really knew about automator. I looked at it after you mentioned it, but can't figure out how to go about the task. If you have any pointers that'd be great.

4. JasonHB macrumors regular

http://www.podfeet.com/wordpress/tutorials/automator-shortcut-tutorial/

Try that, it should work.

Jason

5. zephonic thread starter macrumors 65816

zephonic