Right click in finder gives 2 dropdownlists. Bug?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Frosties, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

After installing Lion and using right click in finder window I get two (2) separate list for sorting or arranging my files? Is this what everyone has and if so why? I feel this multiple choice is stupid and a typical bug that has not been killed. Doesn't anyone use right click in the finder but me so this could have been ironed out.

Have anyone reported this as a bug and how do you report it as an end user?

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I have this too: there's Sort By, Arrange By, and also Clean Up By but I don't count that as it only appears when you press Alt. I have no idea what the difference is between them even after extensive experimenting, and often one of the lists is completely greyed out. I think it's safe to say that it's a bug, so go ahead and report it!

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

dont see it tho 2 things havent been translated, its english however i use lion in german

4. Frosties, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

Frosties thread starter macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Great now we are talking. I use the Swedish language table and for me the two choices are both named the same "Ordna efter" further confusing the user. I reported the bug but I feel this will take some time before it is fixed due to it being both a translation bug AND a user interface bug. Plus it's right click.

This is a mess with all of the variations all over the place, what is right and wrong here? It's so confusing that having it put together liked this you are hard pressed to choose the right option.

Pic 1 - normal in "all my files" here it's 1 "arrange by"
    Pic 2 - bug in "documents" here it's 2 "arrange by"
    Pic 3 - bug in "documents" here it's 2 "arrange by"
    Pic 4 - normal at desktop, note the two different spellings on the sort options, here it's "arrange by" AND "sort by" as choices. Normal?
    Pic 5 - normal at desktop, note the two different spellings on the sort options, here it's "arrange by" AND "sort by" as choices. Normal?

Attached Files:

5. robgendreau macrumors 68040

I can't replicate it in my system, using English. Just one list.

6. Frosties, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

Frosties thread starter macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I added some pictures and more text to my post for reference to the submitted bug report to Apple. Is it the same mess in the English version as it is in the Swedish version?