Right or left

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DeafRaiders, Apr 15, 2015.

?

Which hand do you wear your watch?

1. Left hand

194 vote(s)
    81.2%
  2. Right hand

45 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

Was looking at the pictures of current watch, most of them are on the left wrist.

What hand you use your watch on?

2. zed2 macrumors 6502a

I've always worn my watches on my right hand even though I'm right handed!

I have to say though I'm not sure if I want the crown on the left or the right, I guess I'll need to live with it for a while.

3. Diginari macrumors regular

4. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Right or left

Always been told to wear on the left, I now find it weird to see people wearing on the right. Too accustomed.

5. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I've always wore my watch on my left arm. Even since it got injured I just can't wear a watch on my right arm it feels too weird, so I put up with it.

6. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I've always worn mine on my wrist as opposed to my hand; am I doing it wrong?

7. rjalda100 macrumors regular

I've always worn mine on my right wrist as I'm left handed and it's easier.

8. mjgillen macrumors member

mjgillen

Lefties are one out of six so the poll reflects this.

Yrs, I'm a lefty. Wear my watch on my right wrist.

9. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

10. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Ambidextrous, and watches have always felt more comfortable on my right wrist.

11. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm a natural lefty but i wear watches on my left...
    I golf righty, play hockey (shoot) lefty, write with my left... :cool:

13. H3rman macrumors 6502

I'm left handed, but wear my watch on the left. Just always been told a watch should be on your left, so just used to it now.

14. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

If you are right handed, the watch goes on the left, this is due to being able to access the crown.

They have watches for left handed people called destro models , the crown in on the opposite side and worn on the right hand.

You can wear a watch on which ever hand you want, but the design is based on the position of the crown, and Apple has produced a model for right handed people, which is what the industry does.

----------

When we get the next scandal that will come with the watch , some sort of "gate" you will be the one wearing it right ;)

15. flori13 macrumors member

flori13

I'm left-handed so I'll wear the Watch on my right wrist. I'll probably turn the watch around so I have the crown on the left side.

But one question: The little scrollbar next to the crown will probably change position as well, but does anyone know how it looks? It could look misplaced to have the
    scrollbar down at left side..:confused:

16. BiZ22 macrumors newbie

i'm also left handed wearing my watch on the left.
    tried a couple times to wear it on the right but i didn't feel comfortable with it :)

17. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Southpaw's are about 10% of the population. Don't need an :apple:Watch Poll to determine this.:D

18. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

Guy at Apple Store said when doing setup to chose which hand and then change band to which hand its on. Kind of same principal as mouse in Windows allows you to set it up for left or right handed.

19. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Left handed here. I don't currently wear a watch at all, but when I did (Timex Expedition, 13yo-22yo, now 32) I always wore it on my left wrist.

When I get a AW, won't be soon, it will go on my left wrist. Not because that is "proper" wrist or the orientation is correct, but because it is more comfortable.

But for right wrist wearers, can the watch be oriented to be worn on the right with the crown still facing toward the hand? Basically puting the Friends button above the crown

20. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

Lefty and I wear it on the right wrist. My dad's also a lefty but wears it on his left wrist.

21. nasa25 macrumors 65816

22. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Always wear a watch on your NON dominant hand.

Less chance of scratching etc.

I'm a lefty so it'll be on my right wrist.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. I am sure this thread will settle right around the 10% range...the percent of people who are left handed.

----------

doing it right good sir.

24. Phima256 macrumors regular

I'm left-handed but I wear it on my left-hand. I assumed when I was a kid, a righty showed me how to wear a watch and put it on my left hand. Been wearing it on my left ever since. I assume it will be fine aside from the fact that my drawings on the watch may look messed up...but I think it will for everyone. :)

I've been wearing watches all my life and never had a scratch or gash on the watch face wearing it on my dominant hand (yet, I know, always possible). But the sapphire glass on my SS will pretty much assure that I hope.

25. sinar macrumors regular

I'm right handed and i've always worn my watch on my right wrist , I didn't actually think about it being on the wrong wrist , it just seems natural for me.

Since i pre-ordered the Apple watch i've been putting my watch on my left wrist to see if i could get used to it, but it feels weird to me so i'll probably go back to using it on the right.