Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdatadrive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
The city of Macintosh :)
I have a strange issue with my macbook.
It is a late 2009 unibody with 4GB of RAM and a 250 GB HDD.
For some reason lately my Macbook has had a high pitch ringing sound all the time when I am using it.
The only time it stops is if it is continusly scrolling.
Can anyone tell me if its an issue that needs to be resolved immediately or if it can be left?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
To be honest I have no idea. I remember last year when the screen bezel and trackpad needed to be fixed it was under warranty but now I honestly don't know.
It's obviously out of warranty, but did you buy AppleCare? You can check any remaining coverage here.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
To be honest I have no idea. I remember last year when the screen bezel and trackpad needed to be fixed it was under warranty but now I honestly don't know.

Then you bought AppleCare, which gives you another 2 years (plus the one standard) of warranty making it 3. You can still be under warranty.

This means you can take your Mac to Apple; which you should as that issue you are having seems logic board related.

macdatadrive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
The city of Macintosh :)
Then you bought AppleCare, which gives you another 2 years (plus the one standard) of warranty making it 3. You can still be under warranty.

This means you can take your Mac to Apple; which you should as that issue you are having seems logic board related.

Okay, Ill do that soon. Is there any app that can check hardware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.