Ringke Slim case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dyzfnctional, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dyzfnctional macrumors regular

Just got my Ringke Slim case from Amazon.
    Slim hard case, soft touch, and light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. icemanchanx macrumors newbie

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Can you link to the colored ones? All I can find i the black.

4. dyzfnctional thread starter macrumors regular

5. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I ordered the same case on monday and got it today. I also have the casemate barely there and this case is by far the better and more quality of the two.

6. kenziekinz09 macrumors member

Missed delivery on this but I should get it tomorrow. Glad to hear it's pretty good quality. I ordered the pink one:cool:

7. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Looks nice. Can't wait for mine, I ordered one in black.

8. mramir macrumors newbie

how did you like the case on the phone? i felt it was really tight and its pretty rough on the bezel when you put it on or take it off. might be a problem especially with all the scuffing going on.

9. Thrilledge macrumors regular

10. falconeight Guest

falconeight

It is very tight and fits snug. I don't see it scratching the phone because its plastic. It takes metal to scratch anodized aluminum.

11. icemanchanx macrumors newbie

Post up some pics. Mine left TX on Wednesday night and I haven't heard from it since :-(. I'm in NY.

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

Yes pics please? In what ways is it better then the case mate one? Would you say it's thinner or the same?

13. dyzfnctional thread starter macrumors regular

14. beefdongle macrumors newbie

Awaiting mine after USPS messed up the shipping...left facility in Dallas and I live in the DFW area. Somehow ended up at the southern tip of Texas :mad:

Ordered off Amazon. Hopefully I'll get in Monday. People using this as a temporary case until more get released?

15. dyzfnctional thread starter macrumors regular

16. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

How is it compared to the desmay? Is it that big of a difference in weight/size??

17. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Can you answer a question for me about this case? Does it have a "lip" on the sides of the screen? In other words, if you slide your finger off the side of the screen, do you feel the case, or is it flush or lower than the screen surface?

18. falconeight Guest

falconeight

The case mate has a lot of extra plastic that isn't necessary. I can take some pics of them side by side.

----------

It has a tiny lip. I wouldn't trust it in a frontal fall.

19. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

That's a little disappointing. Does it feel like it's in the way when your fingers or thumb are near the edges of the screen?

I really wish I could find one with no lip. My iPhone 4 case sat below the screen, and I loved it. I don't really care about "protecting" the screen, I'd prefer being able to swipe past the edge.

20. falconeight Guest

falconeight

im putting some pics up so you can see.

----------

Here are some pics comparing the rearth rime slim to the Casmemate barely there. The rearth has a rubbery quality feel and the casemate feels like the cheapest plastic you could imagine. The cut is also odd and makes the phone look ugly. Reart is blue casemate is white.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Thank you SO MUCH for taking those pics. That helps a lot, and the lip doesn't look too bad. Might have to order one.

22. falconeight Guest

falconeight

The lip is perfect in my opinion. You can still glide your finger without it hindering it.

23. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I recieved my Friday about 20 minutes before my phone was delivered (the timing couldn't have been better). I gotta say, I ordered this for a temporary case till I decided if I wanted to put a skin on my phone as I have with all my previous ones. I am pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish. I had never heard of this company before and thought for $10 I couldn't go wrong.

It's got a nice "feel in the hand" design, and barely adds any bulk to the phone. You can't even tell its there. I may just end up rocking this case for a while. As cheap as they are, you really can't go wrong getting one.

24. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You guys have convinced me to give this one a try. I just ordered one.

25. dratifk macrumors newbie

I bought 2 of these one in white for my wife and one in black for me. They fit perfect and are very minimalistic. I also installed Glas t Tempered glass screen protectors and these 2 products go great together.