Ringke Steel Bumper Case, Looks Awesome!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheiPhoneChick, Dec 11, 2011.

1. TheiPhoneChick, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270869522671?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks awesome!! Like it's a naked iphone and no other bumper or case out there has been able to come this close to looking like there is nothing on the iPhone.

I am worried that the steel would do the same thing aluminum does and have a horrible impact on reception so if anyone out there a little about this please shed some light because I am 10 seconds away from buying this!

2. TheiPhoneChick, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

Well I went and purchased it in the white and got Free Shipping and also $4.50 off for using the coupon code: weare2cool They also have a 14 day money back guarantee so that works for me.

So I'll let you know about it once I get it!

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

Clever. Hope to see a review along with signal test.

4. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Looks cool in pictures, how is it in real life though?

6. Monssef macrumors member

7. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Unique & interesting ... not sure it won't diminish signal, though.

9. slapppy macrumors 65816

Is it possible...

Is it possible to make a plastic type bumper look and feel like metal? I don't know anything about textiles and so forth. It seems to me that plastic/polycarbonate cases can be made to shape like these metal bumpers. Draco, Vapor and so on. Is it because that plastic/poly can't be made to feel like metal that its not being done?

10. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

I'm not sure but it may be possible. If you come out with a design using plastic I'm sure there is a market for it.

11. hizzaah macrumors 6502

12. slapppy macrumors 65816

It seems the most obvious solution. Have the look and feel of these cool metal cases without the signal loss hit. :)

13. vtclan macrumors regular

They do make plastic bumpers such as the graft leverage and craze thinedge but i have yet to see one with definition such as the draco.

14. slapppy macrumors 65816

Yes but you nailed the last part. Something like the Draco look. That would be awesome.

15. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

Indeed...

Not a bad idea here from Ringke, looks nice...I would just worry about that metal being so thin...

16. JayJayJay macrumors member

I'm curious as to the purpose of a bumper such as this one. If your goal is go look "as close to naked as possible" why not just go naked? There is no appreciable protection afforded by a bumper such as this one, so, I kinda don't get the point.

----------

Actually, I stand corrected. It seems that the steel surrounds a silicone type ring, thereby providing SOME drop protection. Interesting design.

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

That video was cool, except for that cheesy background music they used. I felt I was watching the Miss USA Swimsuit finals where they sashay around the stage with their sarongs or The Love Boat.

Anyway, the metal looks flimsy. If you bend it by accident, there goes the entire case. So you'll have to fill us in when you receive it. Do they supply the guitar pick to adjust the bumper guard?

18. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

Yes they supply everything. If you check the link I posted above it takes. You to the listing that shows everything about the case including what is in the package. I can't wait to get it! I hope it doesn't cause reception problems.

19. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Wow, a lanyard and screen protectors to go with the slimmest case ever. They're basically giving you the shop. Let's us know about the reception. You'll be the first, I guess.

20. vito macrumors 6502a

Thanks OP

Just placed an order for the white, delivery to the UK

Thanks for the coupon saved a few $ :D

21. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

No problem! It seems like it will look sweet on the white iPhone! I am sure the black would look hot on the black iPhone as well.

22. jphilbeck macrumors newbie

Another?

Just another post to push a case! Sad! What does the OP have waiting for him? A free bumper? Nice try.

23. hizzaah macrumors 6502

The OP has made 160+ more posts than you and I haven't seen anything that suggests they're getting free cases. Not to say that your opinion doesn't matter, you've been registered for quite a while now.. She just has a case fetish like a lot of us seem to ;)

Nothing wrong with posting up about new or different products is there?

24. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

You are an idiot! Seriously, you have nothing else to do than accuse people of pushing cases? Do you see how many posts I have made on this forum? When I find a case that I like I post about it, simple as that!

25. slapppy macrumors 65816

Chill

Thanks to the OP we have another option to look at. So ease up a bit there.