Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
steel_bumper_thumnail_white.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270869522671?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks awesome!! Like it's a naked iphone and no other bumper or case out there has been able to come this close to looking like there is nothing on the iPhone.

I am worried that the steel would do the same thing aluminum does and have a horrible impact on reception so if anyone out there a little about this please shed some light because I am 10 seconds away from buying this!

Last edited:

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Well I went and purchased it in the white and got Free Shipping and also $4.50 off for using the coupon code: weare2cool They also have a 14 day money back guarantee so that works for me.

So I'll let you know about it once I get it!

Last edited:

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Unique & interesting ... not sure it won't diminish signal, though.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Is it possible...

Is it possible to make a plastic type bumper look and feel like metal? I don't know anything about textiles and so forth. It seems to me that plastic/polycarbonate cases can be made to shape like these metal bumpers. Draco, Vapor and so on. Is it because that plastic/poly can't be made to feel like metal that its not being done?

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I'm not sure but it may be possible. If you come out with a design using plastic I'm sure there is a market for it.

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
It seems the most obvious solution. Have the look and feel of these cool metal cases without the signal loss hit. :)

They do make plastic bumpers such as the graft leverage and craze thinedge but i have yet to see one with definition such as the draco.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
They do make plastic bumpers such as the graft leverage and craze thinedge but i have yet to see one with definition such as the draco.

Yes but you nailed the last part. Something like the Draco look. That would be awesome.

JayJayJay

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2011
I'm curious as to the purpose of a bumper such as this one. If your goal is go look "as close to naked as possible" why not just go naked? There is no appreciable protection afforded by a bumper such as this one, so, I kinda don't get the point.

----------

Actually, I stand corrected. It seems that the steel surrounds a silicone type ring, thereby providing SOME drop protection. Interesting design.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
That video was cool, except for that cheesy background music they used. I felt I was watching the Miss USA Swimsuit finals where they sashay around the stage with their sarongs or The Love Boat.

Anyway, the metal looks flimsy. If you bend it by accident, there goes the entire case. So you'll have to fill us in when you receive it. Do they supply the guitar pick to adjust the bumper guard?

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Yes they supply everything. If you check the link I posted above it takes. You to the listing that shows everything about the case including what is in the package. I can't wait to get it! I hope it doesn't cause reception problems.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
No problem! It seems like it will look sweet on the white iPhone! I am sure the black would look hot on the black iPhone as well.

Thanks OP

Just placed an order for the white, delivery to the UK

Thanks for the coupon saved a few $ :D

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Just another post to push a case! Sad! What does the OP have waiting for him? A free bumper? Nice try.

The OP has made 160+ more posts than you and I haven't seen anything that suggests they're getting free cases. Not to say that your opinion doesn't matter, you've been registered for quite a while now.. She just has a case fetish like a lot of us seem to ;)

Nothing wrong with posting up about new or different products is there?

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
You are an idiot! Seriously, you have nothing else to do than accuse people of pushing cases? Do you see how many posts I have made on this forum? When I find a case that I like I post about it, simple as that!

Just another post to push a case! Sad! What does the OP have waiting for him? A free bumper? Nice try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.