Ringtone help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kovalchuk71, May 17, 2009.

1. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, what is the best ringtone software for the iphone? I dont want to spend money to use the itunes one and I want to put some random sounds on my phone. Any good freeware out there? If not its ok. Thanks!

Chris

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Use Garageband to make ringtones for free....

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

GarageBand in iLife lets you create custom ringtones for your iPhone. Thats free with every Mac.

4. kovalchuk71 thread starter macrumors 6502

I used Audiko and the songs are showing up in my ringtones folder on itunes, but not on my phone. Any help? Also, how do I use these for SMS? Is there anyway?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant use ringtones as SMS tones.
    Unless you jailbreak and replace the preset tones thru SSH.

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

GarageBand so far is the best method. You can use songs, or you can use the included "random sounds" :)

7. scorpiusdeus macrumors member

I can't figure out how to make ring tones in garage band OR iTunes. Help? I don't mind paying in itunes, but I don't recall how.

8. kovalchuk71 thread starter macrumors 6502

Garage band sounds good, but how do I get the Audiko ringtones that are on itunes in my ringtones folder onto my iphone. They wont sync?

9. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I actually use iTunes & a little manuvering in Windows' folder options to get free ringtones (I use Windows Vista as i have PCs). This video on YouTube (as there is many like this if you don't like this particular one showing the same type of steps) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImVPLNbGVU is a little tutorial of how to make ringtones straight from the .mp3 files you may already have. I've made so many, i change my default ringtone every day to shake things up a bit and actually use all the ones i've made (25 in all). I'm not sure if this will help you, as i don't know if you're using a PC or Mac, but hopefully this will help someone.

:D

10. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

There has been a couple step by step tutorials posted on MR on how to create ringtones from iTunes. I'm suspecting the MROOGLE search engine is down and Arn is working on it ;)
    Well I'll be damned, MROOGLE is working, I searched for 'create ringtone' and got 117 results with lucky # 13 being that guide i was referring to.

11. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

myxer.com has a large number of iPhone-optimized ringtones also.

12. vitasenza macrumors member

Just a reminder that there is a length limit to ringtones you make. I don't have any idea what it is though. Unless of course you jailbreak, then you can do pretty much whatever you want.

13. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

30 seconds, and honestly if you let your phone ring longer than that... You're a douche. Haha

14. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

The signature says he is using a Black MacBook :) :apple: