Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munckeyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Is it possible?

I'm curious because I've come across someone with the exceptionally rare Mac game Chu-Teng, but he hasn't got a Mac on which to play it.

Since there are potentially thousands of people who would be exceptionally interested in playing this game, I was wondering whether it was possible to rip files from Mac game discs on a PC.

Can anyone help me out?

Thorgrim103

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Hi I'm new here, but I joined about this thread.

If you have Chu-teng Then this game needs to be preserved and shared.
The game is so rare that even the creator Osamu Sato has confirmed not owning a copy.
This would be an amazing discovery for everyone.
No one has ever seen it beyond a few photos.
Eastern Mind and LSD are known, but Chu-teng lies in the deepest darkest reaches of known game obscurity.

I would go out of my way to spread the word if you would please make digital copies. So that people could play and preserve this sought after and mysterious creation.

This is the NES championship gold cart of MAC games.
Please please preserve it for the sake of Gamers and Mac lovers alike.

Thank you so much. If you can give me any more info on your copy and how you acquired it that would be incredibly helpful as well.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Online references to this game (Chu-Teng (or Chuuten from link)) are nearly non-existent. I did find this 6 Japanese Video Games That Will Make Your Head Explode article which references Chu-Teng as a bizarre sequal to Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou and Eastern Mind looks pretty darn bizarre. :p

129340.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.