Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I'm happy to hear that. However the issues with the PS4 port are widely documented in the gaming community. Let's hope the Mac port won't suffer thus.
Why should it? The Mac version is based on the Windows version, not the PS4 port.

wubsylol

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2014
I'm happy to hear that. However the issues with the PS4 port are widely documented in the gaming community. Let's hope the Mac port won't suffer thus.

What issues specifically are you talking about which are present in the PS4 version but not in the Xbox version?

Nixxes - who handled the Xbox 360, PC, PS4 (including implementing checkerboard rendering on the Pro) and the Xbox One X patch versions (and post-release patches) of the game were incredibly responsive fixing game bugs within their scope of of work.

The biggest issues on the PS4 at release was uneven frame pacing and input lag, and this was fixed by Nixxes. DigitalFoundry did pre and post-patch comparisons on all systems demonstrating it.

Last edited:

djnigelchung

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2015
Silicon Valley
Played this on my 2016 MBP 15" in Windows on bootcamp. Great game.
I use Mac OS for most things, but some programs run better on Windows for me, so bootcamp is a no brainer (solidworks/autocad/FL studio.. and of course steam games)

Reactions: star-affinity

tardegrade

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Devon, UK.
What issues specifically are you talking about which are present in the PS4 version but not in the Xbox version?

Nixxes - who handled the Xbox 360, PC, PS4 (including implementing checkerboard rendering on the Pro) and the Xbox One X patch versions (and post-release patches) of the game were incredibly responsive fixing game bugs within their scope of of work.

The biggest issues on the PS4 at release was uneven frame pacing and input lag, and this was fixed by Nixxes. DigitalFoundry did pre and post-patch comparisons on all systems demonstrating it.
Random freezes, Character glitching - flickering in place whilst all other animation is fine, control latency - which occurs randomly for no discernible reason, Inability to pick up loot or objects unless approaching from a certain direction - again random, getting stuck in objects and walls, running on the spot and stuck, etc.

This is a fully up to date PS4 and patched version of the game, and it still has issues. Most of these issues are easy to play around, some are almost game breaking, like the Baya Yaga DLC bugs (she constantly gets stuck in the boss fight). These aren't hardware issues. I notice you say issues that aren't present in the Xbox version. If the Xbox version plays the same then the whole game is borked. TR 2013 doesn't have any of these issues on the same hardware.

Vjosullivan

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2013
"It is these pioneers who define the future of mankind."

What, thieves and graverobbers?

sog1927

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2016
I'm very happy for the gamers. Really I am.

But has there really been no other Mac-related news since Tuesday morning? None?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.