rMBP 15" battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rayman18, Mar 27, 2013.

1. rayman18 macrumors newbie

Since the last update (10.8.3 + SMC) the duration of the battery has drop dramatically, when i unplug the rMBP when its 100%, the estimation says 4 hours!?¿

Anybody notice this?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try re-calibrating the battery? Is the estimate accurate, that is the battery is only lasting 4 hours?

3. rayman18 thread starter macrumors newbie

No i didnt re-calibrate the battery.
    Before the update sometimes i saw 7-8 hours in the estimation when i turn on my MPB, now its only 4 immediately after turning on.
    I will try to re-calibrate then :confused:

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The estimate can fluctuate depending on load and/or display brightness. It is fairly responsive, so if you see a low estimate, just to just let it idle for a few (close any apps which are using a lot of resources too). You should see a noticeable increase in the time estimate (assuming around 60% display brightness).

Also, as mentioned, actually run it for a few hours (using some light surfing and possibly some text writing; get mail once in a while, etc. After running a few hrs, you should be able to extrapolate a maximum run time.

5. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

I really wouldn't pay much attention to that estimate, honestly. It fluctuates like mad all the time.