Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
I am seeing a ton of post asking about Haswell and what to expect in it and it was made quiet clear that there will be only a minor improvement for the 15in.

But no one seems to mention the discreet graphics card. I am not up to date with whats happening but what are the chances the Discreet Graphics Card in the 15 rMBP Will be updated?

-Rio

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
I am seeing a ton of post asking about Haswell and what to expect in it and it was made quiet clear that there will be only a minor improvement for the 15in.

But no one seems to mention the discreet graphics card. I am not up to date with whats happening but what are the chances the Discreet Graphics Card in the 15 rMBP Will be updated?

-Rio

The chances of upgraded discrete graphics are exactly the same as the chances of nVidia or ATI releasing an equally efficient or more efficient, more powerful video card at around the same price and size of the current 650GT.

So maybe. I'd love an upgrade personally.

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

-Rio

That will depend on what nVidia and AMD have out in terms of mobile GPUs. I for one expect the GPU to increase to something much stronger on the nVidia line (or jump over to AMD's Radeon line).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.