Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonDP

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Worst "review" I have ever seen. You didn't even open the computer.....?

I really didn't want to open it then and there on camera. I may have hidden it well but I was VERY annoyed and wanted a chance to cool off before venting even more.

To the people saying I called it cheap plastic..no I said it was made out of lead or something.
As for the charger being the best on the market, don't get me started on the horrors I faced when I needed to charge it up. The plug got so hot it worried me, and that was ontop of the actual machine frying my thighs like a BBQ.

I like Apple, I am not against the company, I just feel there is so much focus on the positives on this forum it often warps the reality of what it is like actually owning and using this bit of kit.

Will I keep it? I don't know. I still have just over a week left so I will see. At this stage everything just doesnt feel quite right. Everything external of the actual MB is pretty nasty IMO.

Oh, I love the screen.

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'd really like to see what a "light" 15" laptop with the same amount of power, and what a good "charger/accessory", actually is. Please enlighten me OP.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Obvious troll is obvious.

People with that voice don't make videos on YouTube. They're too busy going on a Gap Year or playing a spot of tennis with Boris at the old Etonian grounds.

AnonDP

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Obvious troll is obvious.

People with that voice don't make videos on YouTube. They're too busy going on a Gap Year or playing a spot of tennis with Boris at the old Etonian grounds.

You have me all wrong, my fri.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
I think the OP has been eating the lead. Or something.

Here's a fun fact : 2Kg of lead (or something) weighs the same as 2Kg of aluminium.

merrickdrfc

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Doncaster / Berlin
Somebody's been skipping arm day...

Also, your opinion seems to have altered somewhat from your post a mere 3 weeks ago...

"Things to note rMBP (IMO) is superior in almost every way possible, I personally prefer the size and weight, it makes it feel more durable and hardwearing. Only downside is it has less battery life; but is still awesome."

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Here's a fun fact : 2Kg of lead (or something) weighs the same as 2Kg of aluminium.

LOL, that's funny, my friend told me "just think if 1 ounce of iron is this heavy, imagine how much 1 ounce of GOLD would weigh" .... we all laughed, hehe.

But seriously, OP, I hope this was satire, because it was seriously funny. If you were so put off by a Macbook Pro unboxing, I would be a paid subscriber to your Youtube channel to watch a PC unboxing each week... or better yet, whatever budget Android smartphone comes out from China that week, hahahah. A+++ for entertainment value tho.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009

Also, your opinion seems to have altered somewhat from your post a mere 3 weeks ago...

"Things to note rMBP (IMO) is superior in almost every way possible, I personally prefer the size and weight, it makes it feel more durable and hardwearing. Only downside is it has less battery life; but is still awesome."

haha that was entertaining ;)
Well done!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

HAHA wow, I'm guessing he's going to disappear now. His record is more inconsistent than a blind man's sight.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
lol - 'Overall 4/10. Do not buy. Very heavy. Made out of lead or something ':D

nexus4life

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2014
Perhaps you can find a plastic laptop that will suit your needs better. Also a more expensive, possibly gold-plated owners manual and power supply might be what you are seeking.

Seriously though, it's not hard to walk into an Apple store and check things out for yourself. These retina MBP's consistently rank almost everywhere (on decent top tech sites) as some of the best laptops money can buy. Build quality, aesthetics, etc. are all there.

PS - reference a post you made a few weeks ago here: "Things to note rMBP (IMO) is superior in almost every way possible, I personally prefer the size and weight, it makes it feel more durable and hardwearing. Only downside is it has less battery life; but is still awesome."

"I prefer the size and weight" - ???? And you say you aren't trolling?

edit- I see that someone else already referred to your post, but the point still stands

Last edited:

AnonDP

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014

Ha, and this was a comment I made before even owning one...this comment was built around the information I pulled together from THIS FORUM. The rMBP is far superior to the MBA, the MBA is an even cheaper made glorified netbook.
"I personally prefer the size and weight". I wanted a 15" screen so yes, I prefer the screen size, but I think you can damn well tell this comment was made before I had even picked the machine up.

Just goes to show how comments by others brainwash you into really believing you are making the right decision purchasing a machine. I now know that what people were saying about the weight of this bit of kit is completely inaccurate. I should go back and edit my post but it really won't change anything.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
To The OP are you out of your mind to be saying what you are saying or as someone earlier just pointed out, is this a Troll :rolleyes: I am sure it is !!

----------

HAHAHA Well I'll congratulate you on making a review. You did something productive today; I didn't.

I heard your British Isles accent within the first 2 words and I knew what kind of review this would be.

Yeah ! Agree ! Very British !! :p

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Ha, and this was a comment I made before even owning one...this comment was built around the information I pulled together from THIS FORUM. The rMBP is far superior to the MBA, the MBA is an even cheaper made glorified netbook.
"I personally prefer the size and weight". I wanted a 15" screen so yes, I prefer the screen size, but I think you can damn well tell this comment was made before I had even picked the machine up.

Handing out "advice" having never used or handled one is a bit dangerous don't you think? Especially if you wanted a 15" screen, yet the laptop is too big.

You patently can't read a spec sheet properly. I'm even surprised you can type on whatever your are using without your puny bones snapping under the 50g+ of pressure you need to apply to the keys.

Remember kids, laptop cases machined from a solid billet of aluminium are cheap and heavy, like lead or something. The future is plastic, like you get on an Acer netbook.

Fun fact for today : a cubic metre of lead weighs 11340Kg. A cubic metre of aluminium weighs around 2700Kg.

I'm sure the OP will be along is a minute to tell us what it is for "lead or something". I for one am fascinated by this mystical alloy.

AnonDP

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Handing out "advice" having never used or handled one is a bit dangerous don't you think? Especially if you wanted a 15" screen, yet the laptop is too big.

You patently can't read a spec sheet properly. I'm even surprised you can type on whatever your are using without your puny bones snapping under the 50g+ of pressure you need to apply to the keys.

Remember kids, laptop cases machined from a solid billet of aluminium are cheap and heavy, like lead or something. The future is plastic, like you get on an Acer netbook.

Fun fact for today : a cubic metre of lead weighs 11340Kg. A cubic metre of aluminium weighs around 2700Kg.

I'm sure the OP will be along is a minute to tell us what it is for "lead or something". I for one am fascinated by this mystical alloy.

Please do not personally attack me. I have not said anything hateful towards you or anyone for that matter. I workout, alot, so trust me that my stature and muscle mass is not the problem here.

And for the record I am not currently using the MB, although I will probably keep it. If my desktop ever breaks it's there :eek:

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
I'm not personally attacking you. It's just good natured ribbing with some sarcasm and facts thrown in.

It's about time I went to work. I'll just phone the fire brigade to help them lift my rMBP off my lap. ;)

AnonDP

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
I'm not personally attacking you. It's just good natured ribbing with some sarcasm and facts thrown in.

It's about time I went to work. I'll just phone the fire brigade to help them lift my rMBP off my lap. ;)

Just use momentum and dump the bit of kit on the floor.
I honestly don't understand how you guys don't see the weight issue of these machines..it honestly baffles me. Much like those fake Rolexes you see abroad; Apple obviously thinks more weight = higher quality hahah.

Can someone post a pic/video of them weighing their base 15" 2014 rMBP? I'll do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.