RMBP Scratch. Future Protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skatinkamel, Jul 23, 2012.

1. skatinkamel macrumors newbie

So today while sliding my new RMBP across a table i picked up a long, but minor scratch on the bottom of the base. Im guessing apple wouldn't replace this, but I am curious if you all know of any remedies for making these scratches less visible. Regardless, how are you guys protecting your new rmbp as I would also like some protection.

2. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Apple isn't going to replace it since you caused the scratch while sliding it on the table. There isn't much you can do, and usually when trying to fix it you make it look worse.

Relax though, it is on the bottom of your computer. Those are ALWAYS going to happen for the simple fact of moving your computer around. Anyways, you can't see it while using the computer so why worry?

3. hiohokaybye macrumors regular

there isnt' a fix for that, but you can always put on wrapsol protector or something similar to protect it :)

ive had 4 macs, and all of them got scratched, this is the first mac im gunna protect lol. i just installed it today! and its pretty nice :)

4. Funkenstein macrumors regular

Pretty much this. All you can do is prevent scratches with sleeves etc rather than fix them.

5. TickleMeElmo macrumors regular

You have three options:

1. Be more careful with your laptop in future and try to mitigate the scratches.

2. Use it as you normally would and accept the fact that it will be kind of beat up by the end of its life.

3. Put on a case/clear protector on the laptop whose aesthetics you value enough to make it look like crap with a cheap layer of plastic.

Damned if you damned if you don't.

6. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Yup, I agree, wrapsol is the way to go. After I installed this protection skin on my rMBP I feel reassured that my Mac will be less prone to scratches and will maintain the perfect unibody as if it were brand new. I also like the texture of it and the grip it provides, as well as the matte skin that is unnoticeable unless you view it up close.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I know it's a brand new laptop and all, but accepting the fact that the computer will get a little wear and tear will make you feel better.

8. Funkenstein macrumors regular

Never has a truer word been spoken :D

9. chardz88 macrumors newbie

got myself a wrapsol... love those texture... and yea i'm not worried bout scratches... ;)

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

11. deerfaced macrumors regular

put little wheels on the bottom so it glides when you move it around...

12. eron macrumors 6502

You might be able to return it if it's within 14 days of purchase.

13. CFL Bill macrumors newbie

Highly recommend Wrapsol

I just applied the Wrapsol film protection system to my daughter's MBPr last weekend and it looks great, hardly noticeable at all. She's off to college in the fall and I can only imagine the abuse potential in that environment. Just wanted to chime in and give my thumbs up for this product!

Bill

14. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

+1. Sometimes the answer is very obvious!:eek:

15. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I actually don't understand how you could scratch the bottom by sliding it across tables, since it has the little feet. :confused: