Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhslax24

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
I ordered one early this morning. Just got an email a few minutes ago it shipped from China. :cool:

Delivery estimate is 8/7.

:apple:

Same here! This confirms what I suspected with this whole situation...there is absolutely NO reason they should be individually shipping from China. That costs Apple so much money (FedEx International). Seems to me like they would case ship the adapters to distribution centers in the US and other countries, then individually mail them (as they did with my TB -> Ethernet adapter).

Wonder what the hiccup was....

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Same here! This confirms what I suspected with this whole situation...there is absolutely NO reason they should be individually shipping from China. That costs Apple so much money (FedEx International). Seems to me like they would case ship the adapters to distribution centers in the US and other countries, then individually mail them (as they did with my TB -> Ethernet adapter).

Wonder what the hiccup was....

Yeah, it does seem wasteful. I guess it does cut down the time it takes for users to get it by a bit.

FYI...mine has gone from Shenzhen to Hong Kong already. ;)

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
Daisy chaining my FW external to my camcorder has given me some issues so I'll get one for my 17 inch MBP. The expresscard slot is going to be occupied by an esata card which is used far more frequently than the need for two independent FW ports.

Thors.Hammer

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2012
Received mine this morning and OS X is working very nicely with my HD video camera. I haven't tried Windows 7 or 8 yet.

PCWebbJR

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Bought and has already arrived. For my 1TB G-Tech external.

It's for temporary use though... planning to upgrade to a 2TB My Passport or G-Tech's new USB3 externals.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Broken?

I'm not doing a lot with USB 3.0 on my rMBP, but a Transcend USB 3.0 Flash drive and a LaCie 3.0 Rugged drive both have been working flawlessly for me and my Mac. :)

Google it - a lot of people are having issues. Personally, my Western Digital USB 3 HDD mounts maybe 1 in 10 tries. Only way I can reliably get it to mount is if I force USB 2 mode by using a USB 2 cable.

I know it's not the drive because it works just fine on the USB 3 ports in my PC.

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Google it - a lot of people are having issues. Personally, my Western Digital USB 3 HDD mounts maybe 1 in 10 tries. Only way I can reliably get it to mount is if I force USB 2 mode by using a USB 2 cable.

I know it's not the drive because it works just fine on the USB 3 ports in my PC.

Got it. Dang.

I see I was lucky to go with a LaCie drive...

Electronista:
The three-week newer MacBook Pro also wouldn't mount the Mediasonic RAID case, and had intermittent problems with the Mediasonic single-drive and Rosewill single-drive case during large file copies. Every case from LaCie and Other World Computing that was tested worked fine in every regard.

Read more: http://www.electronista.com/article...xpensive.bridgeboards.chipsets/#ixzz22rDBMAcU

The drives I've been using with the Firewire/Thunderbolt adapter are also one LaCie drive and a few OWC enclosures. Maybe I'm lucky there too, but I can say they've all been working flawlessly too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.