iPad mini rMini lightning connector?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kmichalec, Nov 14, 2013.

1. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Question. Just picked up an rMini last night. Came home, plugged it in to restore it, and noticed the lightning connector port seemed to be very loose. I could wobble the lightning connector adapter in the port side to side every so gently, and noticed that the rMini would show charging/not charging depending on which way the plug was leaning when wiggling it. Taking the same lightning plug, and plugging it into my iPhone5, there is absolutely no wiggle whatsoever. Very tight, solid connection.

Has anyone else noticed this on their rMini? Will likely take it back to the Apple store and have them look at it, and see if it can be exchanged. Probably just a bad unit, so I'm not overly worried about it. But was just wondering if anyone noticed anything similar.

2. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I'm probably going to regret this wording but mine has a snug fit. No different than my 5S.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It should feel solid. Seems yours is defective & will only get worse. I'd return it & either exchange for new boxed unit or get refund & buy another boxed unit. Don't take a repair replacement. While those are new at this point the serial won't match your box. Not a huge issue but when you go to sell it raises suspicions that it's a refurb & you have no way to prove otherwise.