Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Cars aint made like they use to be are they? If that slob would have kicked my MGB like that he would have a broken foot:D Please let us know if they catch the guy. This wasnt the guy on the news who carjacked some cars and ran into that lady with the baby?

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Dont Hurt Me said:
Cars aint made like they use to be are they? If that slob would have kicked my MGB like that he would have a broken foot:D Please let us know if they catch the guy. This wasnt the guy on the news who carjacked some cars and ran into that lady with the baby?

maybe he has a really strong kick

well, they should catch the guy, garnish his wages, put the felony on his record, even if he's a minor like is possible in this case, and then make him a kicker for the 49ers for a season or two (without pay, of course)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
aquajet said:
lol great idea :D

earlier today, i suggested to some fans that we need to hire real live sumo wrestlers for the o-line

after watching a team be so successful for more than a decade and a half, it's hard to see how they are stuggling now...but that's for 'dat football thread

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
jefhatfield said:
earlier today, i suggested to some fans that we need to hire real live sumo wrestlers for the o-line

after watching a team be so successful for more than a decade and a half, it's hard to see how they are stuggling now...but that's for 'dat football thread

Yeah, it's pretty depressing. The 49ers were my favorite team when I was growing up. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice -- my idols...I've even got Dwight Clark's autograph on a ticket stub. Hopefully someday the team will return to its glory days.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
jefhatfield said:
maybe he has a really strong kick

well, they should catch the guy, garnish his wages, put the felony on his record, even if he's a minor like is possible in this case, and then make him a kicker for the 49ers for a season or two (without pay, of course)
Or send him to Indianapolis. They might be interested.... :)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Dont Hurt Me said:
Cars aint made like they use to be are they? If that slob would have kicked my MGB like that he would have a broken foot:D
British sports cars of that era aren't exactly known for reliability. ;) I once watched a guy in an old MG push-start his car TWICE in our parking lot within 30 minutes.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Ed H said:
My insurance company is doing an estimate tomorrow, ill take some photos too. The damage is pretty substantial considering it was a foot.

I just hope the person gets nailed for this, they have more than enough information to form a case against him. Plus a witness that happened to be a Fire Captain for the local city.

My insurance company said they will run a License trace on the plate number but since the person struck my car it is vandalism and I'm out my deductible. I guess the car could be registered to someone other than the guy that did this, but when you have the police coming to the registered owners door i doubt he can hide for long.

Ed

It may be worth checking with your insurance company about a $0 deductible for comprehensive. for the future. I just redid my insurance this week. The difference between $0 and $500 deductible was like $10-15 each six months.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Blackheart said:
And that's why I own a 45.

well then that solves it...you should go to indy...you can protect peyton manning ;)

have m1a1 tanks on either side of manning as running backs, the delta force and seals to protect from defensive rushers, and the artillery division to open up a hole in case the team decides to sweep a post play

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
wow that sucks! i hope everything is smoothed over without incident for you. (that's a mid 90's 3 series BMW isn't it? ;) i had one of those.) good thing you didn't get out of the car. what a prick, i wonder what his problem was.

you know, anything can be a weapon. i had someone approach my car in a similar fashion... they were promptly sprayed right in the friggin eyes with a blast of hairspray i had just purchased. settled that jackass right down as i drove away. people are such jerks sometimes.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
iBlue said:
they were promptly sprayed right in the friggin eyes with a blast of hairspray i had just purchased. settled that jackass right down as i drove away. people are such jerks sometimes.

heck i get hairspray blasted in my eyes when i go to supercuts...and i pay for the privelidge ;)

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
holy cow, insane people o_O

reminds me of a time when i was driving around on the freeway a few months ago - was making a lane change to get off at the next exit..there was only one car entering the freeway that was way behind me that had just stopped at the light (had to be like, 5 car lengths behind me). Thinking that that much distance, and the fact that he just got on the freeway and would probably not be exiting, therefore making a lane change to the left to avoid exiting the freeway [my exit], was reason enough to believe it was safe to switch lanes, i did so.

Holy crap, in a matter of seconds, the ****ing nutcase sped up, caught up to me, and squeezed between my car and the wall to get off at my exit. Even though my car had minor scratches, I just had to laugh my ass off at the fact that the right side of his car had these huge, ugly scratches (and the corresponding ones on the wall he scraped by) and a broken mirror. Sigh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.