Rocketfish Iphone 4 case= GREAT!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphone4black, Jun 30, 2010.

1. iphone4black macrumors member

So I purchased it at best buy yesterday since it was the only case that fit with the wrapsol ultra, and I didn't expect it to be this good!

They only had the dark blue, which i got used to and is stylish(some might think it's a little girly).
    It has a unique back, and it's slim too! At first it seems and feels like soft rubber, but when you put it on it is strong and protective!

Plus, it only costs $19.99!

I give it a 9/10! The only flaw being that if you put it on a table, it WILL be protected, but not that much, since the case front dosen't go as high as a bumper for example.

I have pics, but I'm finding out how to upload!

How do you post pictures from photobooth?

2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Glad it's working for you.

You can upload photos to Picasa or other online photo storage / gallery, grab URL of the picture (not the URL of page the pic is on), paste it to "Insert Image" when you edit your post. Make sure you don't post full size image (too large) or thumbnail (too small).

To others, if you don't mind waiting, you can get very similar case from ebay (HK seller) for about $2 shipped or Boxwave for $8 shipped. OP, please don't take this as a buzzkill.

Looking forward to your pics.

3. mantan macrumors 68000

I'm glad you like it, but I can't stand it.

While functional....I detest the 'bejeweled' look on the back. And whole thing reeks of cheap. It seems like decent protection though. It's serving as a $20 emergency cover until the one I ordered came in.

4. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply's guys. I'm on my iphone so I can't post the pics, but i actually love the "bejewled" look! makes it look UNIQUE, and not like any other silicon or rubber $5 case.

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I know what you mean. I actually got very similar case for free when I lined up on the launch day. It works quite fine, but yeah the back was a bit too bling for me.

I'm getting one from Boxwave whey they had free case offer ($3.50 shipping only) and another one from ebay ($1.99 shipped) as backup case for me and my GF. They are both same material and cutouts but less bling backs. (one with zebra texture, another one is plain.)

If you aren't crazy about it but just OK, probably you can return it before the return window closes and use it as a "bridge" case until your in-love case arrives.

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

This one? I actually like it, although I do want a white bumper. I only saw these in black, green, and red though. I didn't see a blue.

[​IMG]

7. specops macrumors regular

wanna guess how much that case is actually worth? $1.50

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yep it's unique, if something made by a machine in China by the tens of thousands and sold in hundreds of Best Buys and who knows how many other places can be considered unique.

9. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

Yes, that one. I will try and post the pics maybe tomorrow. I like the blue.

10. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

Well, guess what guys? The bumper is ALSO created in china, and it's ALSO worth about $2.
    Infact, the bumper has even a smaller amount of rubber.

11. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

i have the blue one as well....and i don't love it but its ok for now. i don't feel like my phone is as safe with this case as it would be in something by incase or otterbox. i plan on returning this when i find something better.

12. Groovetopia macrumors newbie

The day before launch I went to Best Buy and they said all they had was a Zagg for the front of the phone and a Rocketfish. The Rocketfish I got looks nothing like you guys, its made of cheap plastic and doesn't even fit the phone properly. I got it for only $15 as temporary protection, but it's driving me nuts, I'll post some pictures tommorow.

13. nfl46 macrumors 604

I have the dark blue one. I like it but I'm returning it tomorrow, because I just purchased a bumper and Best Skin Ever.

By the way, this case has the flash problem, too. I took some pictures, and with the case, they look washout and without it, they didn't.

14. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

It is $2 if you know someone who works at Bestbuy....

15. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

wow you're cool you know someone at bestbuy who can give you this case for $2:rolleyes:

Well you know what? Not only don't I know anyone who works at best buy, but it's too late since i purchased it.

So why'd you even post that in the first place?!:confused:

16. coasterider macrumors regular

I have the blue one, only temporarily. It fits pretty good for the most part. I wish the lock button would not have been covered though, makes it somewhat hard to push.

17. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Huh. I have the dark pink one and I don't see any of the flash problem on my pics. They look identical to ones taken without the case onl. I wonder if it's color-specific.

18. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

Rocket Fish for iphone 4

Here is mine. Returned the ifrogz, due to screen shield issues. However I'm not going to use a screen shield now.

I absoloutely love it! I genereally go with Switcheasy or Incase. I have two Box waves shipping after July 9th. However this Rocketfish Gel is really really nice.... I'm happy that I picked it up. Last one on the rack. : )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I have this case in black, and normally i'm VERY picky with these things, but I actually REALLY like this case. Only paid $15 for it, and i'm 100% satisfied with it. I don't see me getting another case for a good while.

20. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

as with most cases on the market in terms of cost of production/'R&D'/shipping :( wish I had started a solid case-making business 3 years ago

good to hear others have gotten this case and like it! I usually go with different brands but this one is perfect imo. and I haven't come across a brand of headphone (apple, bose, skullcandy, JBL) that won't fit w the case on and same goes for it's ability to fully conncet to a dock (I tried every single 'iHome' at the Apple store and it fit, with the case on, no problem).

21. 3kids macrumors regular

I thought it made the buttons too hard to operate.

22. 3kids macrumors regular

I cut that out with a razor blade. Bad choice. :(

23. Macmar88 macrumors member

Awesome case I was very surprised coming from Rocketfish. My girlfriend works at best buy so we bought all the colors. I advise you not to buy the other silicon case they suck like hell.

24. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

the volume buttons are HARD to operate but I got used to it (don't use them that much anyway, since most apps have the onscreen volume bar and i never adjust the ringer)...lock button is a bit harder than usual but that's a non issue

25. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

I only saw one color. Last one on the rack and I took it. What are the other colors?